Should I eat more? Less? Exercise more? If so, what? I want to do it RIGHT! :D

Options
Can anyone look at my diary (it's public) and "check on me"?

Ignore Saturday... I went crazy on the white beer... :cry:

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Seems like you go over on a lot of days. Exercise if you want.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    What are your stats (height, weight)?

Why 1200 kcal? That does not look sustainable, looking at your diary

You are not weighing your food. I promise those apples are more than 36kcals.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That's what I thought... :smile:

My dietist put me on 1600cal, but I lowered it to 1200cal in order NOT to go over the 1600cal she put me in... Do I make anyhow sense?

Does anyone have ideas on strength/cardio exercises I could do with 2x1kg dumbbells and a stepper? :D

THANK YOU ALL!!! :D
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You've gone over your calories several days in the past week, not just yesterday, and you aren't weighing everything. Tighten up your logging.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    What are your stats (height, weight)?

Why 1200 kcal? That does not look sustainable, looking at your diary

You are not weighing your food. I promise those apples are more than 36kcals.

154cms - 83kgs

I guess I should weigh those too... Silly me... :(

• Andreake08
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You've gone over your calories several days in the past week, not just yesterday, and you aren't weighing everything. Tighten up your logging.

Will do! :D
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You need more protein. <3 Also, you could start tracking fiber. Fiber is found in vegetables and beans and nuts. Eating more leafy vegetables will be good. 1600 calories a day is good. Make sure you are weighing your food and logging carefully. You can do this! :)
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Thank you, MFPers!

Where would I be without you... :D:D:D
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Tuesday looks pretty good. Keep doing what you did on Tuesday and you'll be golden. The other days aren't helping you any.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Tuesday was busy... :D I had rehearsal and moved, exercised, walked a lot...

I'll try to do more "Tuesdays"!! :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try pre-logging your days, as it helps keep you on track.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Before meals you mean? That's what I usually do... Or do you mean pre-logging the whole day and then eating what you have pre-logged? If this, please, tips? I have a husband and a daughter, so I also need to take them into consideration... :)
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You should try to build muscle (muscle feeds on calories and burns fat) then you will be able to consume more calories (make sure they are healthy) while still losing inches. Weights and resistance training are a good start. There's no reason to go down to 1200 calories because as you lose weight, your natural BMR will decrease as well which means if you want to lose even more weight, you would have to decrease your calorie intake even more. This pattern would lead to malnutrition and starving yourself. You're better off building muscle. You won't have to drop your calories. I lost weight and inches by resistance training and 1600-1800 calories a day. Inches are more important than the scale by the way. Good luck!
  • Andreake08
    Options
    @Childfree1991‌: can you suggest exercises that can be done at home? I'm currently lifting 2.5lbs dumbbells (biceps curl, triceps dip, triceps extension). And yes, you're totally right: that's what my gastric bypass surgeon told me ("lift like a MOFO!"! lol)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend heavier weights, my 2 year old would throw 1kg in the air and laugh :-)
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Off online to check... I've never lifted before, so that's why I started with 2.5lbs (~1kg)...

• Childfree1991
    Options
    @Andreake08: It depends on your pace and how long ago you began. There are two ways of doing this. Low-weight, high-rep and high-weight, low-rep. Low-weight, high-rep is for lean and the other is for bulk. Unless you want to bulk (which is very difficult for us women) I would stick to high-rep, low-weight. Do you have any 3.5lbs dumbbells? I would increase only one pound every other week but increase the reps by several more, each week.
  • Childfree1991
    edited March 2015
    Options
    also do push ups and squats
  • Andreake08
    Options
    I don't... Or not yet (better said)...

I've just begun, like, this week... lol
  • Andreake08