Fitbit

Options
nusskka
nusskka Posts: 4
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
could someone explain how does FitBit app work, please?

I get the steps point and how many calories are burned but I don't get the whole point.... I downloaded the app because is very popular but I think I prefer MFP

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Well fitbit is a fitness tracker. I think last year they updated the app so that you could use the phone's step counter. Most people have one of the devices that goes with it.

The main reason for people to use it, is so that they can see and improve activity levels. It also helps some people get a general idea for their TDEE. It will also adjust your calories here based on your activity levels if you sync the accounts.

I use my fitbit (Fitbit Surge) to get a better picture of my day and my total calories burned. I've used various Fitbit trackers since 2013 for this reason and so far it's helped me not only be more active, but has shown me that I can eat a fairly decent amount and still lose weight. So MFP for food and Fitbit for calories burned, for me anyway.
  • TechOutside
    TechOutside Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I got the charge hr and thought it was cool, but I still had to use mfp as the MFP food database is superior to fitbit. Then to find out how inaccurate the heart rate was for higher BPM, I had to still use Digifit for 1 hour each day... I returned it, didnt seem worth the money. The idea was to have 1 interface and it wasn't for me.