Does anyone else hate having their weight commented on in public?

Options
2»

Replies

• Not_a_skin_suit
    Not_a_skin_suit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone! I hate when people mention my weight at all, even if it is supposed to be a compliment. It feels so RUDE! I'm a terrible person so I make things really awkward. 'No I haven't lost a thing.' and then just stare.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind it
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There are people I see just once per week, at church. Several of them comment on my weight loss every single week, and don't talk to me about anything else. I used to enjoy actual conversations with these people, but now they're just repetitive and boring. Yes, I've lost weight, yes, I'm still losing, can we move on now?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I hate it when they comment in public. I hate it when they comment in private.

I get the "stop losing weight!" from people now, but I'm in the middle of the BMI range and am nowhere near underweight.
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do not like it and tell my friends and relatives that weight is a sensitive subject to me and I would prefer not to discuss it. That usually shuts them up. :)
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I really like it when people comment, or even when they ask how much I've lost. At least they noticed. What I don't like is when some people assume that I had surgery. Not that there is anything wrong with having surgery if you need it, but I didn't have it and somehow it feels like they are diminishing my accomplishment.

My best friends just tell me I'm looking good.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes, I don't like attention so it's awkward when people make comments.