I'm so glad I found this website. :D

Options
shadow2soul
shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
Seriously, I probably wouldn't be were I am today without it.

I started working on my weight in 2012. I was 260lbs and had just had my first child (c-section). I had no clue what I was doing so I cut out just about everything. Chicken and lettuce with raspberry vinaigrette were staples of my diet for a good 6 months or so. I'm sure you can imagine how not only boring but unsustainable that plan was. At the time however, I couldn't imagine myself calorie counting. Somehow I had decided that counting calories would be crazy restrictive (yes I somehow convinced myself that it would be worse than what I was already doing) and that I wouldn't be able to eat much of anything. Well, I'm sure some of you out there probably have a good idea of how well this went. For those who don't, I crashed and burned. Sure I lost a decent chunk of the weight I needed to lose, but I gained back almost half of what I had lost. I wish I would have taken a starting picture, but at the time I thought cameras were the ultimate evil device.
tumblr_liwvb3yfZp1qdgu7s.jpg

Around Nov, 2012 I discovered MFP. I created an account and played around with it a bit, but didn't actually start using it until mid March 2013. At the end of March, I convinced myself that it was about time I started taking progress pictures. So, I plugged in my information and started working with what I was given. It didn't take me long to wonder into the forums and start reading. I read a lot. It only took a week or so, for me to decide that I wanted to be as accurate as possible. I really wanted to decrease the amount of guess work involved. I hadn't stalled in weight loss or anything of that nature. It was one of those moments where I just decided that if I'm going to do this, I might as well go all the way. So in April, I bought a HRM and my husband gave me a Fitbit Zip. In June, I bought a kitchen scale. I haven't regretted any of my purchases. I loved the path I had found on MFP. I was able to enjoy the foods I loved and lose weight. I mean who wouldn't love that. Obviously, I had to make sure to stick within my calorie goals, but that just meant smaller portions. So 2013, went fairly well as far as weight loss is concerned up until Fall. Fall was a tiny bump that took about 9 months to become a boulder. Of course for me, this meant I had to stop tracking calories. I did however continue to use my Fitbit to try and help me stay active.

I had another c-section at the end of May 2014 and another wonderful little boy. Recovery took a little bit longer than the first c-section. I started watching what I was eating almost immediately, but didn't start working out until September 11, 2014. I did whatever I had to to make sure I had time to get in a workout. It sucked and often meant my sleep was lacking, but I made it happen. I don't regret it. I get a bit more sleep now that we have a membership to our local YMCA. Definitely a lifesaver for me. I get 2 hrs of daycare while I workout everyday but Sunday. With 2 little ones, this means that I get my workout and I get to nap when they are napping if I need to. Plus both the boys love it. My oldest typically doesn't want to leave.

Now for those who just skimmed over the text, looking for pictures:
tumblr_m9o83jvvyO1rzfyu6o8_250.gif
I won't leave you hanging though.

Dec 2011 - 2 days after my c-section (approx 260lbs)
xhxbvdo3uiom.jpg

Side comparison, starting with the first picture I took for comparisons:
l89cmhimuoqf.jpg

Face comparison (Jan 2012 - 260lbs to March 2015):
8mcin0pdfh4h.jpg

Replies

• p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous ..well done on your hard work
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and you are such a wonderful healthy example to your boys!
  • jennaatsuad
    jennaatsuad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I love both your resolve and your sense of humor! Amazing work, you look fantastic. :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Wow, your face looks so different, I wondered if it was really the same person, LOL.

Great commitment and wonderful results. Congrats.
  • shadow2soul
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    Wow, your face looks so different, I wondered if it was really the same person, LOL.

Great commitment and wonderful results. Congrats.

Yep it is the same person. That's my drivers license photo.

oz9ml1qugrf8.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job! You look amazing. MFP has helped me tremendously as well.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job! And yes, I totally agree. MFP has been a lifesaver, figuratively and literally.
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • Lateda11
    Lateda11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. I had my first little one back in August 2013 and she was a c-section baby too. My weight was at a high of 261! When I got on the scale, I had the nurse whisper the number in my ear, because I didn't want anyone else to hear. I was so ashamed! I'm now 232 and trying to at least get down to 199 before we try for another one. As a mom, part of the motivating factor for me is being healthy for her and also keeping up with her! You are such an inspiration and also at a weight that is my long term goal. Thank you for sharing.
  • joycavin1
    joycavin1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You are a new person!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    congrats that is awesome, job well done
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Thanks everyone :blush:

tumblr_mhi5buozb81qf8isso1_500.gif

@Lateda11 - I bet you will have no problem reaching your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • Brelynndee
    Brelynndee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fabulous. So proud of you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!