Levlen: anyone not gain weight on it?

I've just started Levlen and I know a lot of people have issues with weight on it, but my dr said that it has nothing to do with it - it's actually lifestyle etc.

I usually retain 1-2kg of fluid with period and it goes after I've finished my period. But it hasn't gone anywhere, it's still there and my weight keeps going up.

I've started back to calorie tracking to keep an eye on this. I know Levlen is different for everyone.

Has anyone had any success in losing weight on it or not gained weight on it?

Really don't want my hard work to go just because of the pill!

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Well, I gained on Levlen, because I was stuffing my face. My problem. Not the pill's.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    I have been taking it for years now, and never had a problem with weight gain. I got big before I started it. And have managed to loose weight while still on it.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Did you experience appetite increase?

I'm on other meds that people have gained weight on - but I haven't, so I know there's other factors involved.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Did you experience appetite increase?

I'm on other meds that people have gained weight on - but I haven't, so I know there's other factors involved.

No, I never experienced that.
  • misskarne
    Wanted to add, still on the Levlen, now losing.
  • mariagabriella
    I'm hoping this "weight" is only temporary. I know most people initially retain a bit of water.
  • mariagabriella
    This is reassuring, that you two are losing whilst on it.

Did you retain water or gain weight when you first started?
  • misskarne
    This is reassuring, that you two are losing whilst on it.

Did you retain water or gain weight when you first started?

Sorry, no idea. It was ages ago. I've been on it for years now.
  • mariagabriella
    So I've been on it for a week and have gained 3kg.

For me to gain that much I'd be needing to eat like what - 5000 calories a day?

So I'm going to stop taking it.
  • misskarne

Likely water weight.

Sorry, but, "I retained three kilograms of water" is a really stupid reason to stop a medication.

Would you rather 3kg of water retention early on, or would you rather a baby? Up to you.
  • mariagabriella
    misskarne wrote: »

Likely water weight.

Sorry, but, "I retained three kilograms of water" is a really stupid reason to stop a medication.

Would you rather 3kg of water retention early on, or would you rather a baby? Up to you.

I'm not using Levlen for contraception - I'm using it for PMS. So that's completely irrelevant, anyway.
  • channor13
    channor13 Posts: 1 Member
    Ive been on Levlen for 3 weeks following almost 15 years on Depo. Ive gained 3kg and havent changed my lifestyle. Im reasonably active, play sports etc but my stomach is swelling (def not pregnant). Yet to experience a period (even though Im on the White Pills now) am hoping once I do it will help with weight loss. So you are definately not alone.
  • misskarne
    channor13 wrote: »
    Ive been on Levlen for 3 weeks following almost 15 years on Depo. Ive gained 3kg and havent changed my lifestyle. Im reasonably active, play sports etc but my stomach is swelling (def not pregnant). Yet to experience a period (even though Im on the White Pills now) am hoping once I do it will help with weight loss. So you are definately not alone.

Water.

Also, I find that my period doesn't come until the third or fourth day of the white pills.

Yes, I'm still on Levlen, and yes, I'm still losing.