morning or evening workout

Options
Just curious if you prefer morning or evening workouts

Replies

• samivenbutterfly
    samivenbutterfly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on individual available time. I am NOT a morning person and cant seem to just jump out of bed and begin exercising. I workout between 1 and 3pm for 1 hr 5X per week. I don't have designated off days, just use random days that I need to be doing other obligations as off days. For me . . . my evenings are temptation times, so having worked out in the afternoon, it is still VERY fresh in my mind how hard it was to achieve those 400 calories lost in a work out . . . I am very less likely to over eat.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    It's an individual thing. I remember asking a co-worker who was studying to be a personal trainer at the time, 'what time is best to workout?' and his response was 'Whenever you have the time. It doesn't really matter WHEN you workout as long as you WORKOUT.'

Different times work for different people. My mother will work out in the morning right when I get home(I work night shift). I work out right before she serves dinner when I wake up at about 5-6pm. Plus I spend all night walking on foot patrol.

If I worked day shift, I imagine we would be running buddies. But for the time being, I work nights. :\
  • PamH_8807
    PamH_8807 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I prefer evening. I can't ever convince myself to do it in the mornings.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Both, mix it up, if you go to the gym you'll see new faces. Use the time between to your advantage.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Evening. I've tried morning many times but i just couldn't get my lifts up to where they were when my body was fully awake.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Evening...I wish it was mornings but I'm just not a morning person.