Anyone use a TomTom Runner?

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I tried mine out today and it was fantastic! Except for one thing - the calorie burn. I don't have an HRM that links with it so it was just doing an estimate based on pace and maybe elevation? My height, weight, and age are all in it too. For my 5 mile run today on a mostly flat elevation at a pace of 11:40ish...it gave me 820 calories. That's pretty damn laughable. It should be more like 550ish.

Wondering if anyone else noted that issue?

Replies

• cheesehead3
    cheesehead3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a tom tom runner cardio, and I also use runtastic for logging my runs. tomtom mysport and runtastic usually match up fairly well for my outside runs.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I wonder if it's the addition of the HRM. My Runkeeper just took the calories from the MySports entry - it doesn't calculate its own calorie burn when pulling in data from another app.
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    When my HRM was on the blink I used the calculator on runnersworld.com.

The calculated calories burned was within 5% of what I show using a HRM.

For example.... For my 4.8 mile run I usually show 655 with a HRM. Without a HRM icardio calculates 775! Using the runnersworld.com calculator I get 680ish.

Shaun.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Oh, I don't actually *need* the calorie counts. I ran for so long with an HRM that I'm pretty confident I know my burns. I was just wondering if anyone else found the burns on the Runner so exaggerated. Honestly, they're higher than my treadmill would have estimated and that is always high!