New to Fitbit..

Options
Hi there, I'm just starting with fitbit... I have my MFP and fitbit accounts synced.. I am just wondering now if I have to log my exercise, and also, at the end of the day when I log everything for the day in MFP, will fitbit automatically sync my steps in or is there a way I have to do that manually? Thanks in advance! :)

Is there anything I need to know about fitbit? So far I am liking it :)

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You don't have to log any exercise that Fitbit can track, so anything that's step based (like walking and running). Things like weight lifting you'll still have to log as your Fitbit can't track that. It will automatically sync with MFP as soon as you sync your Fitbit with a computer and add the calories you've burnt. I'd recommend getting the app if you have a phone that can run it, I use it and it syncs about every 10 minutes, so I pretty much always have up to date info on MFP and don't have to wait to plug it into the computer at the end of the day.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    hi - I have a FitBit Charge HR. I log all food onto MFP and all exercise I do with FitBit (It automatically updates to MFP).
    Also some notice a difference in the Calories Goal figures on FitBit and MFP. I choose to follow MFP only, so ignore the number on FitBit. The FitBit group are very helpful!
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thankyou! :)
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    There is a Fitbit group on here that has a few stickies on how MFP and Fitbit work together along with how to set them up.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users