BMI

Options
2»

Replies

• waterbug920
    Options
    I agree - my so-called "ideal" BMI would leave me looking like Kate Moss. NOT my idea of healthy OR sexy! I prefer NOT looking prepubescent and knock-kneed at 36 thanks!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The suggestion is that if your BMI falls outside of what is considered the "normal" range. If it is lower or higher. Then you see your regular doctor that knows you and your medical history. It is at that point that you fall outside of "average" and your doctor can help determine what is healthy for you as an individual. I am always at the low end of the BMI. I always have been and so is everyone in my family. I have a small frame (I'm also petite). I am in great health and always have been. I've had two children. And I have a low/healthy bf% and visible muscle definition. My doctor and I are happy with my health, weight and appearance. So, the BMI is not the be all and end all, whether you are outside of the upper range or sometimes fall slightly below the low range. On mfp, people will say a person is underweight even when they are well within the healthy range (only based on numbers and a chart). You know what is healthy for yourself and what your goals are.