WORLD CUP!

Options
gecallo
gecallo Posts: 135
...can't say that I'm a soccer fan, or futbol fan, but I do love the excitement when a goal is scored...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!! South Africa!

Replies

• Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!! Mexico!

79th Minute.
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hello
    English football fan here - hoping to whoop USA tomorrow!!!!!!:laugh:
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yay! Me too! Tho I live in the USA each Summer I have to support ENGLAND!!! 7 hours to go!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • clioandboy
    Options
    Boo hiss!!!! 1-1
    all to play for now......
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    If England doesn't make it through to the next round, Robert Green will become to England what Bill Buckner is to the Red Sox.
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yeah, well I like soccer and all but I would like to take those dang vevezula (spelling?) horns and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. Yes, I am kinda cranky. DH is watching it and it's been like living with a hive of angry bees all weekend!!
  • clioandboy
    Options
    Yeah, well I like soccer and all but I would like to take those dang vevezula (spelling?) horns and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. Yes, I am kinda cranky. DH is watching it and it's been like living with a hive of angry bees all weekend!!

This world cup is going to be remembered for them that is for sure

and yes you are right Plaifatt poor old Rob Green..... apparently he has been absolutely vilified in the UK press - he is a good goalie too but what a humdinger of an error....oops!
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I'm a goalkeeper, so I feel badly for Green, but with repect to England, "YAY, USA".
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Group C isn't doing so well. Neither England or the US deserve to go forward.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    How about US getting robbed today with that disallowed goal!!!!! They totally deserved that goal! England didn't perform up to par today and I was hoping they would win.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    How about US getting robbed today with that disallowed goal!!!!! They totally deserved that goal! England didn't perform up to par today and I was hoping they would win.
    I totally agree, it's going to be a tough group all the way. My problem now is that Greece has to beat argentina to qualify and I can't see this happening
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I saw several games in Italy - in Italian. Oddly you don't need any commentary to watch the world cup. I am not a fan but had no trouble following along. Very exciting stuff.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    How about US getting robbed today with that disallowed goal!!!!! They totally deserved that goal!

Yes, that was some BS! I have never seen such terrible calls as I have today.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    How about US getting robbed today with that disallowed goal!!!!! They totally deserved that goal!

Yes, that was some BS! I have never seen such terrible calls as I have today.
    It's a shame, but USA will still advance if they win against Algeria.