Cutting fat

Options
13»

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    And remember with some of these user entries, you may need to do some research to make sure the info is accurate. I had a plateau that coincided with eating lots of pork loin and not realising the entry I used was too low on the calorie count.

Also make sure if you weigh cooked meat, you log cooked meat. Sometimes meats are listed raw, and they lose weight in cooking but not calories.
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    PetiteLittleFlower Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    And remember with some of these user entries, you may need to do some research to make sure the info is accurate. I had a plateau that coincided with eating lots of pork loin and not realising the entry I used was too low on the calorie count.

Also make sure if you weigh cooked meat, you log cooked meat. Sometimes meats are listed raw, and they lose weight in cooking but not calories.

Aww thanks. I did wonder about that, I try to scan my foods if I can. What about rice? As dry weight is different to cooked so how do u work this out? I usually eat 60g dry weight, how do I work out how many kcals I need per day?
  • pcastagner
    Options

Aww thanks. I did wonder about that, I try to scan my foods if I can. What about rice? As dry weight is different to cooked so how do u work this out? I usually eat 60g dry weight, how do I work out how many kcals I need per day?

For rice, I weigh it dry cook up a big batch, then measure out portions cooked with a measuring cup and make sure it all adds up. The cooked portions are made into cakes, wrapped, and frozen. Microwaving frozen rice yields a product remarkably close to fresh made rice. From then on you can just log your pre measured portions. You can also toast the frozen cakes in a pan.

Just cook your rice the same way each time, and the calorie count should be consistent.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Fat gets stored quickest in the body. Humans CAN store carbs and proteins as fat but it requires more calories to do so. Which means you're better off eating low fat.

Don't lisen to this guys, everyone else is giving good advice.
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    PetiteLittleFlower Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fat gets stored quickest in the body. Humans CAN store carbs and proteins as fat but it requires more calories to do so. Which means you're better off eating low fat.

Thank you everyone. I have increased weights this morning and done some high intensity cardio, should I be working out on an empty stomach as I go to the gym pretty much as soon as in up
  • pcastagner
    Options

Thank you everyone. I have increased weights this morning and done some high intensity cardio, should I be working out on an empty stomach as I go to the gym pretty much as soon as in up

Do what works for you. I fast until about 2pm, do my workout, then I try to finish eating by 10pm.

I prefer training fasted.