I'm stuck

I've been at the same weight for 6 months. I started my weight loss journey about 2 years ago. I joined Curves and lost 30 pounds. Then I reached a plateau and have not been able to lose the last 10 pounds. I joined a local gym and have been doing strength training on the machines and cardio on the treadmill. I can't lose belly fat. I eat a healthy diet with high protein (animal but mostly plant) and low carb. I'm not sure if I have the right miconutrient ratio. I can't afford a personal trainer. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    There's nothing in your post about tracking your calorie intake to ensure you're maintaining a deficit. Perhaps there's some fine tuning you could do that area.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Are you regularly logging your food in your food diary, or have you been doing it only sporadically?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Are you eating in a calorie deficit, including accurately logging and weighing your portions?
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Those last few pounds can be really stubborn. It's the time you need to be most accurate in weighing and logging because the deficit you're shooting for is so much smaller and easier to eliminate with just a few inaccurate entries, putting you at maintenance.

Switching up your exercise routine is a good thing, but it can have you retain some water weight for a short while. As for the belly, our bodies lose where they want to lose and we can't control it. Those of us past our 40s seem to hang on to that belly fat longest for some reason. I know it's the one spot I still have a few vanity pounds to go.