What is your not hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. That's just another myth. Your metabolism doesn't need a "jump start." If you are hungry… eat. If you are not… don't.
  • jigglyjessica
    jigglyjessica Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast later actually helps me eat less at night but some days like today I woke up early and was hungry so I ate
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I must be in the minority here.
    I normally HAVE to eat something at least an hour after i wake up (normally fruit or something light).... otherwise i get the shakes or a headache.
    But as others have said, just eat when you're ready to eat!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 3 a.m., gym at 5 and eat for the first time at 10ish. It's all personal preference, so do what works for you.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I let go of that old habit when I started this time on MFP (January 4). It has helped me a lot to not feel like I "had" to eat breakfast. Now, I eat when I'm hungry...sometimes not until noon and it feels like it is much easier to limit my calories!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i actually get up and have a little something, although it might not be a full breakfast. perhaps a few berries or a handful of nuts. today i actually made eggs. i don't consider it my most important or biggest meal, but i like to have a little something before i hit the gym.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    KarenB927 wrote: »
    I'm 56 and haven't eaten breakfast on a regular basis since I'm about 8 or 9. I just can't face food first thing in the morning. Monday-Friday I eat lunch and dinner. Saturday and Sunday I do eat breakfast about 2 hours after I get up, but then I don't eat lunch. I've been a 2 meal a day person for a very long time.

my son is the same way. he is 18, and hasn't had breakfast since he was young. he just can't stand the thought of food early in the morning.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I eat very little for breakfast and lunch, and use most of my calories for dinner, which keeps me from being hungry for breakfast or lunch.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I eat very little for breakfast and lunch, and use most of my calories for dinner, which keeps me from being hungry for breakfast or lunch.

^yep.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of breakfast. The research that I have been investigating on circadian rhythms and blood sugar regulation suggests benefits to a substantial early meal and lighter eating later in the day. Your body tends to adjust to patterns, so if you start to gradually eat more in the morning and less at night, you may find that starts to work well for you.

However, I think it's also a matter of priorities. It's easy to get overwhelmed with all of the "shoulds" out there. The main thing is to find a way of eating that works for you that allows you to hit your calorie goals best. Focus on that first and foremost. Whether or not you choose to try out having a regular breakfast is up to you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat a pretty light breakfast, but i do eat. its rare for me to go over 300 calories for breakfast (and 60 of that is my coffee creamer LOL)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What about the other end of the spectrum. It's night, your not hungry, but mfp is saying you haven't eaten enough?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    What about the other end of the spectrum. It's night, your not hungry, but mfp is saying you haven't eaten enough?

How many calories are you referring to? If you aren't hitting those minimums for 1200 or 1800 (for men) then I'd say you need to look into your meal planning better. There are two main possibilities. One is that you aren't being accurate enough in your logging. The other is that you need to focus on adding in some healthy foods that will up your calories throughout the day, such as nuts, oils, slightly larger portions of your protein, etc. If you aren't far under, you can have a small snack at night or just be under for the one day (if this is unusual for you).
  • Griffopotamus
    Options
    Only eat when you're hungry in my opinion. No need to force yourself to conform with a silly weight-loss myth.