Cake Addict

Options
2»

Replies

• kathybochonko
    Options
    Don't think of it as denying yourself, think of it as loving yourself. So you aren't really saying no to another cupcake, you are saying yes to your body and your health. Read the ingredients on most cake mixes and you will learn the value of making them yourself from scratch and then you can control what goes in. Then let yourself have one. But then go for a walk. If you want another, you need to go for another walk or otherwise earn it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I love to bake and cook, especially new recipes. Some of it I have trouble with, some not. I can't always predict which recipe will be an issue and which I'll have no trouble limiting portions, so ...

Best solution for me is to

1) make the portion I want to eat and no more (reduce the recipe, or only partially complete recipe, like freezing cookie dough and baking cookies on demand),
    2) make the recipe and immediately portion out and freeze the extra when cool, or
    3) only make the recipe when I can give the rest to other people - like for a potluck (food can't be frozen).
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    butterscotch or caramel is my kryptonite ... I made a homemade yellow cake a few weeks ago with caramel frosting for an event. There was over a cup left over of the frosting. I stuck it in the fridge, hoping that one of my boys or hubby would eat it so I wouldn't. Nope! It took me 5 days to eat it all but eat it I did. I was amazed that my willpower held and it took me that long! I will say that all those calories I ate each day DID fit into my daily calorie goal. I am still marveling at that. Oh, and I maintained my weight surprisingly enough!
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    3) only make the recipe when I can give the rest to other people - like for a potluck (food can't be frozen). [/quote]

This has worked for me in the past, I will plan for this next time. Thanks!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    "Junk" cereal. I love all kinds of it, and could finish off a box in a day.
    I make other things for breakfast now- eggs, oatmeal, peanut butter toast and bananas..
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I usually don't have stuff like that around. I mean small sweets that I can just grab and grab. I keep a freezer of ice cream and what not. My boyfriend made 24 cookies this weekend and I think I ate around 10.