Weight gain and dieting?

Options
Since i can remember i have always walked 10k steps a day and eaten relatively normally. I ate out like five days in a row a week or so ago and my weight was up 112-113. The past week ive been walking 90 minutes a day at 50% or so of my max heart rate, and also have been eating better than i had when i ate out. My weight is 113 today. I was 110. I have even started weight training. I know it has only been a week, but i thought i would have at least gone back to my normal weight. Apparently five days of eating out, not even anything awful, made me gain 3lb excellent

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Eating out does that since restaurant food tends to be very high in salt making you retain water. You won't have actually put on 3lbs of fat. Starting weight training will make you retain more water as your muscles repair. It'll all be gone in a few days.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Restaurant food is notoriously high in sodium. You're probably retaining water. Just keep eating better and drink your water, it'll come back off.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Started lifting....
    Generally when you replace muscle glycogen youll weigh more.
    1) The body tends to add more glycogen in preparation for the next lifting session.
    2) The body goes through inflammation to repair muscle.
    3) Each gram of carboHYDRATE you consume pulls 2-4g of water with it.

Weight maintenance is within 10lbs of baseline believe it or not.
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Im not stupid i know its high in sodium so i havent eaten out and ive cut the sodium for a week now and its not changed at all. I thought it would be water weight didnt realize it took a week to get rid of water weight.
    Also i did say i started lifting