calories burned during workout question?

Options
When burning calories during exercise do tens digits count? Like say you consumed 1880 calories and you burn 80 calories now subtract 1880-90 which would equal 1709 doesn't this still apply or you have to burn a full 100 to subtract down from the hundreds digit if any of this make sense?

Replies

• Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    huh? every calorie counts....the more cals you consume, the more you will weigh.

As for burning, sure, they count of course, but exercise doesn't really burn enough to warrant eating much more as many people believe, and the cardio machines/mfp app/etc have egregiously high numbers. If you ate back every calorie "allowed" from your exercise not only will you not lose weight, you're likely to gain.

What I do is take what the machine says, divide it by 3, and use that. So if the machine says I burned 300 cals I only input 100.

TL;DR--yes every cal counts when you're eating but when exercising it doesn't matter so much if you record it, as it's impossible to get it 100% accurate anyway.

Good Luck!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    say you consumed 1880 calories and you burn 80 calories now subtract 1880-90 which would equal 1709 doesn't this still apply or you have to burn a full 100 to subtract down from the hundreds digit if any of this make sense?
    If you ate 1880 and burn 80, you've still eaten 1880.
    Your net would be 1800 (1880 - 80), but net is meaningless.
    Eat at your healthy calorie goal in order to get the nutrition & energy you need to function.

For your second example, 1880 - 90 = 1790 net

The second half of this page might be helpful:
    https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/cc-4th-add-sub-topic