New Years resolutioners... still going at it?

Out of pure curiosity, is there anyone here that started their diet/change of life style on Jan 1st and stuck with it? Have any progress photos? It's been about 12 weeks now and I'd like to hear from you folks if you're out there.

Replies

• jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    I honestly think I would be if I hadn't had to have surgery... I'm back at it now though.
    Good for you for sticking with it!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    jms14letgo wrote: »
    Good for you for sticking with it!

Oh, I wasn't one of them. NYR's often get a bad rap for flooding gyms or using the new year as a start date. I'm just wondering if anyone actually stuck to it. Hoping there are a few here.

• gamesandgains
    BUMP
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Well, my start on MFP just happened to coincide with the first of the year. It wasn't done as a resolution of any type. I'm still here and have lost 15 pounds so far. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Kind of, although I didn't start on Jan 1, but about a week later. I'm down 21lbs and still going strong. Have been doing lots of walking, and want to start running now I'm a little lighter on my feet. I didn't join a gym though, so I'm not sure if I'm who you're asking about.
  • gamesandgains
    MamaJ1974 wrote: »
    Well, my start on MFP just happened to coincide with the first of the year. It wasn't done as a resolution of any type. I'm still here and have lost 15 pounds so far. Slow and steady wins the race!

That's awesome and I def agree with slow and steady. Best of luck.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Kind of, although I didn't start on Jan 1, but about a week later. I'm down 21lbs and still going strong. Have been doing lots of walking, and want to start running now I'm a little lighter on my feet. I didn't join a gym though, so I'm not sure if I'm who you're asking about.

Good work! You definitely count :) Happy running!
  • gamesandgains
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

21 lbs in about 11 weeks is stellar! Great job.

• MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    I didn't really look at it as a new year's resolution, but I started on Jan 2nd. I've lost 21.6lb since then.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    I guess I got a jump start on my NYR. I started Dec 1. But I'm still sticking to it. I put a sticky note on my bathroom mirror so I would be forced to see my written goal at least once a day to keep me focused and motivated. Such a small step has kept me going even when the gains are small or I'm having a tough day.
  • andydessner
    andydessner Posts: 7 Member
    Started Dec 26th! Down 38 pounds!
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member

That's awesome and I def agree with slow and steady. Best of luck.

Thank you so much!