protein bar suggestions

Options
Anyone know of any good tasting protein bars? I have tried a few different ones and about half way through eating them I feel sick.

Replies

• hlgromit
    hlgromit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Home made is so much better. I found a good recipe with chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, nuts and raisins. They were delicious. I used phd belgium chocolate powder as this is quite thick
  • mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    PHD bars & Sci-MX taste the best IMHO. If you can only eat half of one, save the other half for a couple of hours later.
  • maryjth188
    maryjth188 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kind fruit and nut bars. Don't know if they have as much protein as a "protein bar" but really tasty and ingredients you recognize. I buy them by the case from Amazon.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are pretty popular.
  • bootskitty96
    bootskitty96 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awsome thanks guys!
  • Kryztoffur
    Kryztoffur Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My whole family likes the Special K protein bars. Even my 6 y/o tries to steal them for a snack :D
  • Prettyrocks
    Options
    Kryztoffur wrote: »
    My whole family likes the Special K protein bars. Even my 6 y/o tries to steal them for a snack :D

I might try those I'm on a high protein diet due to me getting ready for weight loss surgery
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I really love Cliff Builder's Bars. The mint chocolate and the peanut butter are great. I too am on a high protein diet, but don't really eat meat much, so this is a great boost of 20g protein. They are 270 cals but worth it to me - I have one with a piece of fruit as a meal replacement, like breakfast or lunch.
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love "Simply Protein". They're equal parts protein and carb, but then only 1g of sugar and 5-10g of fibre. So much yum.
    ...They might, however, be a Canadian thing. I don't know!
  • Sarahsteed92
    Sarahsteed92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Quest bars:)
  • omegaoutlaw
    omegaoutlaw Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! Cookies and cream... Kind of addicted and they are expensive but they have great amount of protein. The cinnamon roll bar is good as well. And... I'm going to go get one now. Extra note:some people microwave them for bout 7 seconds.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are one of the best on the market but they're kind of pricey. The key is to be sure the bar you pick isn't overloaded with sugar (try to find one with under 10g) or other nasty ingredients. I also like nature valley's protien bars, 10g protoen and only 6g sugar - tasty too and super cheap! Good luck!
  • howler78
    howler78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say quest bars are the best I've had all considered. Very low carbs, most are under 200 calories, and they have 20+ g protein. They can be a little pricey but I usually get them in a box (variety pack) from Amazon for a little discount.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Quest Coconut Cashew... NOM NOM NOM!!!
  • charlatte987
    charlatte987 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are good. not amazing, but pretty good if you're looking for something with a good macro profile. they taste good too, but some flavors have kind of an aftertaste. try larabar ALT or the best bar ever. both of those have less protein than your typical protein bar, but they have more pure ingredients, and they don't have funky aftertastes :)
  • benevempress
    benevempress Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just found Nature Valley Protein Chewy bars at Costco. Under $0.50 per bar, around 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber (which I'm always trying to get more of). While some of the more expensive bars have more protein and fiber, I can't afford them. These have just a little of that grainy protein-bar taste/texture, but much less than others I've tried. For this price and for the protein and fiber, I'll stick with these.
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bars are really good!