Sinus issues with running

Options
I ran a half marathon on Saturday morning. The temperature was 24 degrees F when I started out. Every time I run in temperatures under 40, I spend the rest of the day and sometimes most of the day after that sneezing and having a constant drippy nose. Anyone know how to combat that? Today, one side of my nose burns every time I inhale, and it makes that eye water.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Stop running in temperatures under 40 degrees.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I got the same issue. The cold dry air is the worst. Ayr saline nasal spray helps. I use it once in the morning and once at night. Also, use a humidifier at night.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor. Nasal sprays worked for me, but it took me a few tries to find the right one.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When I go cycling in the cold, I will coat a cotton swab with a fine layer of vaseline and run it around the inside of each nostril. I know it sounds disgusting but it really helps. Couple that with the saline nasal sprays or a saline gel and you will do better. Some of us (myself included) are just cursed with nasal problems and the only solution to solve it completely is not running or exercising in cold weather :neutral_face: