Nervous

Options
So I have gained about 25 pounds since November, and am headed to see my best friend and her husband for the first time since December (when I saw them, I had only gained like 5 pounds, so they haven't seen me since I have gained an additional 20).

Her husband is incredibly judgmental and while he won't say anything to my face, I know that he will be judging me for how I look. My best friend is drop dead gorgeous and I am so nervous to see them after gaining so much weight. I suppose I could just cancel going, but I would feel horrible about that because she is so excited to see me.

Any thoughts on what you would do?

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Dude sounds like a douche. Wear clothes two sizes too small to really give him something to talk about.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Dude sounds like a douche.

Agreed. Go have fun with your friend and forget about him. I was so ashamed of my weight gain that I avoided seeing my best friend for years. Now all we do is exchange cards for the holidays.

Also, I would hope that as your friend, she would tell him to shut his cakehole if he made any rude comments about you behind your back.
  • carissafinnegan
    Options
    I have always been ashamed of my weight. I have hid from people for years but I think it's important to take risks in how people think of you because the only person who should care what you look like is you. :)