that's incredible, way to go!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    wow, awesome!
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know what I'll be buying...YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    wow! I am very impressed! I would not have believed that if I didn't see it for myself. You should be so proud of yourself!!
  • Purebeauty1985
    Purebeauty1985 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You did great
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great and I love your fit test numbers, your endurance and strength must be skyrocketing!!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    hrayala wrote: »
    Way to go! You look great and I love your fit test numbers, your endurance and strength must be skyrocketing!!!

That was one of the things I noticed at first. I could get through more of my Insanity workouts before stopping to take a break a little more each day.
  • momtoaz
    momtoaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesoe inspiration to all!!!!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That is very impressive! I almost got through the first 30 days but failed the overall challenge. Seeing your pictures truly makes me want to start from day 1 again and this time do it properly!

Well done!
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wow! Now THAT is a way to prove a program is awesome! I love not just the pictures (wowzers, by the way!), but the numbers of things you could do before/after. Incredible and so inspirational!

Thank you for sharing!!! :-D
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Such great progress!
  • BrandiMefferd
    BrandiMefferd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First off, you look incredible! Second, if you don't mind my asking, how active were you before starting Insanity? I have the DVDs, but I've been intimidated by them because I'm not athletic and the most exercise I've been getting the last few months is 30-45 minutes of jogging/walking on the treadmill, but I know I need more if I want to lose weight and gain muscle...
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and so inspirational. I'm starting Insanity in May with hubby once his classes are done.

Thanks for sharing!!!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    First off, you look incredible! Second, if you don't mind my asking, how active were you before starting Insanity? I have the DVDs, but I've been intimidated by them because I'm not athletic and the most exercise I've been getting the last few months is 30-45 minutes of jogging/walking on the treadmill, but I know I need more if I want to lose weight and gain muscle...

I work construction, and I ran track when I was younger, but I put off exercising for awhile. When I restarted insanity this time, I was running, hooping, and learning bo staff. I ended up getting sick midway, and dropped everything but insanity. Once I was better, I just focused on pushing through insanity.

The best advice I can give, is its okay to stop and take a break during the program. If you watch the people doing the video, they all stop at some point to catch their breath. You can stop 100 times if you have to. You will eventually build your endurance and that is what you will notice first.
  • Monamit
    Monamit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your post is just in time. I m beginning insanity today. Your results have inspired me all the more! How much was your calorie intake throughout? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Monamit wrote: »
    Your post is just in time. I m beginning insanity today. Your results have inspired me all the more! How much was your calorie intake throughout? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

I ate 1400 calories Monday through Saturday, and then whatever I wanted on Sundays. Having a cheat day once a week helped me stay focus during the week. That includes restaurant trips and a pint of ice cream on those days.

And I never let my calories drop below 1300 (except when I was sick during recovery week).
  • Monamit
    Options
    And also did you follow any other routine than insanity?
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Monamit wrote: »
    And also did you follow any other routine than insanity?

In the beginning, I did 20 minutes walking, 20 minutes bo staff, and 20 minutes with a 5lb hula hoop.

I later dropped those since I noticed I was slacking really bad during insanity. Once I began focusing purely on Insanity, I really started to achieve my best results.

When I do it again, I'm not doing any other program. Simply insanity the whole time.
  • Monamit
    Options
    Thanks much
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!