Sugar

13»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You're not looking at the overall picture and instead you are just looking at small sections of how the body works. You can not do that to explain the whole process...Once you add protein or fat to the mix the GI scale is no longer valid.

Which is why I put PB on my bread. Presto, bango, nice sustained energy burn with no spike.

Or a nice piece of hard cheese with the apple.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I enjoy sucralose. :)

Not only is it very low calorie, but it tastes great and does not cause tooth decay.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Exercise also tend to make people more insulin sensitive, especially immediately after, and often means you benefit from quick energy (precisely what people who find it spikes blood sugar and makes them hungry are trying to avoid at other times).

So it all depends on context, once again. ;-)

I'm trying to see how quick carbs help with recovery post workouts (probably no big effect, but it's always motivating to try something new and see what happens) and it's actually been tough to get my head around this as for so long I'd mostly always prefer the slower carbs or mix them with fat. So far they at least don't seem to be making me hungrier, although I am not convinced there's any major benefit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    WOW great article.