Tried any new foods on your health journey?

Options
yarmiah
yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
I am still sometimes amazed at just how many foods that in the past would have never tried, based on it's look, smell and "if it's good for ya, it can't taste good" immature theory.

Since accepting a healthy lifestyle I'm always looking for other sources of much needed protein, healthy fats and good carbs. Strangely enough (or not so much!) I not only tried these foods but like or love 99% of them.

Here is my short list:
yogurt
cottage cheese
salmon
sushi
quinoa
lentils
ceviche
edamame
ahi tuna
hummus
avacado/guacamole (OMG so yummy if just as ugly to look at lol)
a variety of ethnic foods(Indian, Korean, Vietnamese, and Ecuadorian)

and just yesterday
farro
fennel

What have you tried and surprised to learn that you like?!

Replies

• WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i know it sounds silly but cauliflower. i HATED it and just tried it again for the first time since childhood. now i love it! :smile:
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Asparagus
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Almond milk
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I ate salad for the first time in my life about a year ago. Now I enjoy it! It turns out I just couldn't stand iceberg lettuce.
  • jenelle79
    jenelle79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Shallots, beets, parsnips, turnips, celery root, and any greens other than kale and lettuce were all new to me. I also discovered that brussels sprouts and asparagus are surprisingly tasty when roasted. I'd only had boiled before and thought they were always mushy and bitter. I think roasting is my new favorite cooking method, and I'd never considered it before.