disgusted and disapointed

Options
I'm pretty disgusted and disapointed with myself eigjt now. I ate a burger king chicken sandwich and half a small fey. The calories fat and sodium made me want to go tjeow it all back up. On the bright side I did 45 minutes on the treadmill (which feels wasted now.) And I didn't eat the whole thing of fries just half. But still disgusted and disapointed in myself. No wonder I have trouble losing weight. I let my stomach do the thinking. I think I better go out for a nice long walk if my knee holds up.

Replies

• sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It could have been worse! I felt the same way a few weeks ago when I ate a whole box of Oreos. :blushing:

Live it, log it, learn from it and move on!

The worst you can do is dwell on it.
  • am2anangel
    am2anangel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ty I do tend to dwell on things and let it stress me out.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Seriously not a big deal. Log it, forget about it, move on!
  • donnabayliss76
    donnabayliss76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    one bad meal wont set u back! just as 1 salad wont make u thin.
    i have my cheat meal every week, i plan it and i love it! Enjoy
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    We all mess up.......and sometimes you do have to treat yourself........do not be so hard on yourself.....you did walk. Just log it, take a deep breath....tomorrow is another day.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Just chill, you've already eaten it. Remember how physically bleh you feel right now (when I eat junk, anyway, I feel really sick and tired), and next time you're thinking about a trip to Burger King, you won't.
  • Direnscure
    Direnscure Posts: 12
    Options
    What everyone else said, no worries...it won't hurt you to have a little something here and there. If anything it'll probably help out in the long run.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    not a big deal. last night we had dairy queen. i ate a large order of onion rings, a spicy chicken strip, a piece of their toast, two side salads with ranch and a grilled chicken flamethrower wrap. and then for dessert i had a mini banana split blizzard.
    i also did a video workout for 30 minutes and lifted weights for about 45.
    food isnt the enemy..theres nothing wrong with eating out sometimes if thats what you want to do - just do what you can to make it fit into your calories for the day.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    2684dd4a-3e4c-4a37-8b3d-4371470fe123_zpsc2ee80ed.jpg

Cry Much?
  • ginnyfay27522
    ginnyfay27522 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You sound like me today -- I ate the exact opposite of what I should be eating, and I also wanted to make myself throw it up. BUT, we must move on. I'm going to keep this feeling with me for the next time I have a craving -- don't beat yourself up. Next time, we'll have a smaller "cheat treat" that won't make us hate ourselves :o)
  • am2anangel
    am2anangel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your support. Between that and the 85 minutes of walking on the treadmill and outside today. I'm already feeling better and will think twice before I let my stomach and cravings do the thinking again. I'm sure I could have made wiser choices and just let myself get over hungry.
  • geekman
    geekman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What everybody else said. The other day I had gained weight, gone over my calorie target and couldn't be bothered to exercise. Now I've lost those 3lb's again, had a 45 min session on the Wii fit. It happens, now and again. When it happens all of the time, is when to worry.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    It's just food. You made a bad choice for one meal, make a good choice on the next on and take it from there. You're only a failure if you quit.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I ate a burger king chicken sandwich and half a small fey. The calories fat and sodium made me want to go tjeow it all back up.

seek the help of a professional. this is scary.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a success to me. You ate what you wanted, realised it was a 'bad' choice, and did something about it. I sometimes do this myself as a way of dealing with cravings - if you have the calories available, why not?!

We all slip up occasionally, but it is how we deal with it that makes it a problem or not. So I would say well done for making the best of the situation and not ignoring it! To have ignored it would be criminal, and for that I would berate you!:smile::smile: :smokin:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Tina_Fey-1-Baby_Mama.jpg
    only half?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I had a Nathan's double cheeseburger, large fries and chocolate shake today. That's a 2000 calorie lunch. I'm eating some lean chicken and veggies tonight to fill out my macro and micro needs.

Do I do that every day? Absolutely not.

Do I feel guilty about it? Absolutely not.

It is food, not a religion.
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Seriously not a big deal. Log it, forget about it, move on!
    That's all you can do. If you throw up, then there is a more serious issue here.
    you worked out So, forget it and move on, Tomorrow is another day!! :happy:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I had a Nathan's double cheeseburger, large fries and chocolate shake today. That's a 2000 calorie lunch. I'm eating some lean chicken and veggies tonight to fill out my macro and micro needs.

Do I do that every day? Absolutely not.

Do I feel guilty about it? Absolutely not.

It is food, not a religion.

Exactly this
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I ate a burger king chicken sandwich and half a small fey. The calories fat and sodium made me want to go tjeow it all back up.

seek the help of a professional. this is scary.

Yes. There's really nothing wrong with what you ate as long as it fit within a healthy calorie deficit. And if it went over goal, that's an easy fix - just exercise to earn it, and you did that. Your scary thoughts are far more problematic than your lunch choice. :heart: