What would be better

Options
for some one that sits all day and drives don't have the option to get out of my haul truck and walk around should I bring a *kitten* load of like apples and bananas and stuff to eat on all day or bring a couple snack foods and like a sandwich as a main meal?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Whatever works for you and fits your calorie goal. Eating a ****load of apples and bananas is not going to help you meet that goal.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'd pack a proper meal as best you can.

Apples and bananas are great, but they're going to leave you hungry after 30 minutes.

A sandwich with some good whole wheat bread and some meat in it will have fiber, fat, and protein to keep you feeling full longer. A few pieces of fruit for snacks, maybe some string cheese, that type of thing.

I'd also recommend grabbing some protein bars or something you can keep on hand case you get delayed and can't get to healthy food. If you have something handy to help tide you over until you can get to healthy options, you'll be less tempted to grab the Burger at the drive through.
  • jasonmarsh07
    jasonmarsh07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks ya am at a mine so what I bring is what I get to eat don't have a choice to stop any where lol
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is a good snack to have on hand. No refrigeration needed, takes a long time to eat and is high protein so it fills you up!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks ya am at a mine so what I bring is what I get to eat don't have a choice to stop any where lol

Then definitely have lots of good snack choices on hand, that way you won't end up starving and ready to eat everything in sight the first chance you get.

The beef jerky suggestion above is great - it keeps a long time and you could even leave it in the truck. It won't melt like a chocolate covered protein bar would!
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I eat on the road also. Driving between jobs actually. What I have found is I pack a sandwich. I like flat breads at 100 cal, then 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of roasted turkey. And I nibble. Make it last a long time. Then I get into my half cucumber that I sliced that morning. Again, I nibble at the slices, they are not peeled. Next is my sliced apple. I can nibble those as well. Sometimes I eat my serving of pretzels, and sometimes I save them for later. The fact that it takes me almost 40 minutes to eat my lunch is very satisfying. I do keep a jar of peanuts and a premeasured container so if I get hungry in the aft I can nibble some more. Doesn't leave many calories for supper unless I work out though because I only get 1280.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think that you should find what works for you - the number of meals won't influence your weight loss, so long as you maintain a calorie deficit. Start by packing a few main meals. Are you hungry between meals? If not then great, you're done. If so, they try smaller, more frequent meals. Keep experimenting to find what works for YOU. Your lifestyle has to be sustainable for you, regardless of what fashion magazines, experts, or users on a website think.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    for some one that sits all day and drives don't have the option to get out of my haul truck and walk around should I bring a *kitten* load of like apples and bananas and stuff to eat on all day or bring a couple snack foods and like a sandwich as a main meal?

I would do something like a sandwich and a couple of snack items because I think it would be more filling.
  • jasonmarsh07
    jasonmarsh07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone it all helps!!! Am going with 2 sandwiches and apples and celery seeing once I get home it's bed time don't have time to eat when I get home so I have to eat 2000 calories in a day.... Thank you all!!