A fresh start... just need some guidance.

Hey! I'm 28, and would like to lose at least 80 lbs. A couple years ago I satarted living the Adkins lifestyle and I did great lost about 60lbs. And now here I am having gained 20, back but it feels like 100... Have you ever felt like you have gained back more then you lost but the numbers don't show it? Crazy I know but that's what I'm feeling. I've spent the last 24 hours looking up different diets and what is the best and going crazy over it. So I've decided to count my calories, and yet would still like to have low carbs. I really need support from others and would like a helping hand . So lets do this... And suggestions or ideas?

Replies

• I had to throw away the "diets" many years ago. I've always struggled to keep my weight down (I'm 43 and have fluctuated by 20 - 30 pounds my whole life). The key for me is making healthier choices. For me, instead of ordering the cheeseburger, I order the large chef salad with any kind of dressing I please. If I absolutely HAVE to have the burger, I'll eat 1/2 of it and follow it up with a nice garden salad. I'm a pasta freak. Instead of a rounded plate of spaghetti, I'll have 1/2 plate and, yep, you got it, follow it up with a garden salad. If I deprive myself, I can't stick to it and I end up giving up.