Peanut butter!!

Options
is peanut butter ok to eat?

Replies

• Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Of course it is, unless you're allergic to peanuts. ☺️

Can be easy to mis-judge servings though, so weigh it out.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's a necessity! BTW, everything is okay to eat, just in moderation.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I also try to stick to brands without added any added refined sugars
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Sure. I like about 9 tablespoons so it doesn't really fit in my day the way a normal person can make it work. But it is completely fine and wonderful to eat.
  • laura_lee414
    laura_lee414 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pb2. Just discovered it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Pb2. Just discovered it.

Yeah yeah. I went that route.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love love love pb2. Best invention.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

Pb2. Just discovered it.

Bleck :sick:
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan makes a 'whipped' style. Has about 50 fewer calories per serving than regular.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Pb2. Just discovered it.

I eat this every day and love it.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is fine but be careful there are a lot of calories in a relatively small amount.

I like the organic peanut butter at the local grocery, it has one ingredient, organic peanuts.

Most commercial brands have added sugar, salt, and various other oils. Read the label and decide for yourself.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have to second the "bleck" on Pb2. You may have to get it so you can report back if it yummilious or bleck for you...

I do natural PB or I make my own if I am not to lazy...

One more "bleck" on the whipped. Totally not the same if you like true creaminess of PB...
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter. Has a lot of energy.
    If you have time you can grind up baked/shelled peanuts for a couple of days instead and lose a lot of oil and preservatives.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is great. I haven't had it in about 2 years because my youngest is severely allergic, but I miss it! We use SunButter instead.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is great! Great source of fat too! As some people mentioned earlier, you can also get PB2 (powdered with lower fat), organic peanut butter, and local peanut butter if you're into that sort of thing. Me personally? You can't get between me and my creamy Jif.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'm in big trouble if the answer is no.
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Is basically the best food on earth. If an entire jar of teddy naturals chunky fit into my daily intake...i wouold eat the entire jar everyday, and then most likely have another spoonful.

Treid PB2 as well...good route to go - i prefer PB Lean (sold by myoatmeal.com) just because I can order two new custom built flavors with fun custom printed labels every month. But, I still sometimes fantasize about the real thing...like... about swimming in it with my mouth open and handfuls of chocolate....
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Both peanut butter and PB2 have their place for me. I like eating peanut butter straight. I'm not brave enough to try PB2 straight, but when I just want peanut butter flavor in something like my protein shake or yogurt? PB2 does just fine.

As other have said in regard to peanut butter, just weigh your portion since the calories add up.

I'm also a big fan of almond butter.
  • Desi2479
    Desi2479 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Both peanut butter and PB2 have their place for me. I like eating peanut butter straight. I'm not brave enough to try PB2 straight, but when I just want peanut butter flavor in something like my protein shake or yogurt? PB2 does just fine.

Same. In a smoothie or oatmeal, the PB2 is great because I just want the flavor, but nothing beats a spoonful of the good stuff.

Crap. Now I want peanut butter.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter!!!! I usually have a hard time fitting it in though because of the amount of calories it has in it. I started eating Justin's Almond Butter instead. I love to put it in my protein shakes! :smile: