Trying to lose the last 10 pounds

Options
fa110n
fa110n Posts: 10 Member
I have used mfp in the past but have gotten a lot more strict with it recently. I am getting married in hawaii may 15th and would like to lose the last 10 pounds before then. I started at 158lbs in February and am now down to 146. I have started doing cardio the last 2 weeks and have been doing at home exercises for the past month. I can't seem to drop down anymore weight it seems. Any advice? I haven't ever used a forum before and have always done mfp privately. Now I need some advice from the community. Thank in advance

Replies

• fa110n
    Options
    In addition to all this information. I also don't track well on the weekends and tend to use Fridays as my day to indulge.
  • tiffanyking1976
    tiffanyking1976 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Started at 164 in January and am down to 148. I have added light weight lifting to my regime at the advice of my kick boxing instructor. It has helped. I was stuck at 151 for ages. Try some light weights.. I use my hubbys 10 pounders and my 4 pounders...I hope this helps. Congrats on the wedding and good luck!!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The last couple lbs are usually the hardest to lose. Start tracking on the weekends and fridays. You are probably eating more than you think. Also, add some weight lifting. It'll help. Good luck and congratulations!
  • fa110n
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have been doing some squats, lunges, planks, sit ups, and other miscellaneous at home exercises. I will try to add some weights when I'm at the gym
  • tavsmama0212
    tavsmama0212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow you sound like me. I recently changed my diet and have lost more lbs. I increased my protein in the morning. It seems to help keep me from having those mid day cravings.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    fa110n wrote: »
    In addition to all this information. I also don't track well on the weekends and tend to use Fridays as my day to indulge.

Those indulgent days can wipe out your deficit. I've been logging pretty well and trying to get my last 10 off as well. If I eat 1600 calories to lose .5 a week, but eat 2500 calories on Saturday, that puts me at way less than a .5 lb per week loss. You have to jiggle your calories around and be extremely accurate.