Swimathon 2015 - UK

Options
Hi

Is anyone else out there doing the Swimathon this year? I'll be doing the 2.5km simply swim on Sunday 19th April.

I've done 1.5km a couple of times and reckon the full distance will take me about 90 minutes.

How's your training and your fund raising going?

Gail x

Replies

• joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hmm left it a bit late this year, but I'm going to aim for doing it next year. Good for you for doing it, and i hope you hit your goal. B)
  • Suibabe
    Suibabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gail3260 wrote: »
    Hi

Is anyone else out there doing the Swimathon this year? I'll be doing the 2.5km simply swim on Sunday 19th April.

I've done 1.5km a couple of times and reckon the full distance will take me about 90 minutes.

Gail x
    Hi. I'm doing it for the first time this year and will be doing the 5 km (also simply swim) on Sunday 12th April. I've found that I'm more comfortable going long distance breaststroke. I'll be aiming to complete it in under 2 hours.

I try train 5 days a week. Before registering for Swimathon 2015 I was able to swim 2.5 km with ease. I've spent the last 6 weeks gradually increasing my lengths to reach 5 km. It's not always easy, because the lap lane can get very busy. And very frustrating when slow (and I don't mean slower, I mean slow!) swimmers are in the training lane.

Fund raising started off with a good response, but I'm now finding it harder to get more sponsors. So far, £250.

How's your training and fund raising going?
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Suibabe wrote: »
    Gail3260 wrote: »
    Hi

Gail x
    Hi. I'm doing it for the first time this year and will be doing the 5 km (also simply swim) on Sunday 12th April. I've found that I'm more comfortable going long distance breaststroke. I'll be aiming to complete it in under 2 hours.

I try train 5 days a week. Before registering for Swimathon 2015 I was able to swim 2.5 km with ease. I've spent the last 6 weeks gradually increasing my lengths to reach 5 km. It's not always easy, because the lap lane can get very busy. And very frustrating when slow (and I don't mean slower, I mean slow!) swimmers are in the training lane.

Fund raising started off with a good response, but I'm now finding it harder to get more sponsors. So far, £250.

How's your training and fund raising going?

Hi.

My training is going fine but work and other stuff means I only get to the pool twice a week.

I'm up to £280 with a few more who've said they'll sponsor me but haven't got round to it yet. I'll be giving them a gentle reminder soon!
  • Suibabe
    Suibabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I'll send my gentle reminders out as well. :)
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the US but doing some open water swims this year. Please feel free to add me :)

There are also a couple of distance swim groups on here - you might want to check them out.

Happy Swimming!