Are there any 5'2 or below women eating 1500 a day while losing?

Options
13»

Replies

• tropicgran
    tropicgran Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and lost 18 pounds in ten weeks on 1600 calories a day. I'm in my 50's so there is a metabolism slow down in effect. But I was also participating in a YMCA weight loss exercise program twice a week and working out on my own 1-2 days a week during that time.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sweepypie wrote: »
    May33338 wrote: »
    I've been wondering if people have had success while eating this amount? I feel hungry eating 1200 and if it's possible to lose weight with exercise while eating 1500, I'd definitely like to up my calorie intake.

I am 5ft 05ins and I am on 1490 calories a day. I can't exercise much but I have lost 32lbs in 65 days.

I will be 67 in June. So it's not age! I some exercises every day. I am restricted in my movements as I am disabled.
  • Sweepypie
    Options
    Today I had over 400 calories left out of 1490
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and lose about 0.5 lb/week at 1700 net. I eat closer to 1900-2000 cals/day. I've lost about 30 lbs and am moving to maintenance. My exercise is walking and occasional circuit training video. I use a FitBit and find it to be fairly accurate for my calories burned.

• Sweepypie
    Options
    Where is everyone?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    MTDDS18 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and eating around 1600. I decided to do the TDEE - 20% method and it works better for me.

If it's something you're interested in you can calculate your TDEE at http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Just remember if you go this route, you don't eat back exercise calories.

Ditto. I'm 5'1" and eating 1450 calories, which is also about TDEE-20% for me. Only I've been at this for 8 months so I have a pretty good version of my actual TDEE, which averages to about 1825 with exercise.

If you're getting a very low calorie goal using the calculators, try working out your actual TDEE since it's likely that you're more active than you think you are. You can do this very simply with the following formula:

Observed TDEE = (([Actual Weight Lost Over Past 30 Days] x 3500) + [Total Gross Calories Consumed Over Past 30 Days]) / 30

Try taking it at a few different start and end dates since it will fluctuate. You should see a range or trend. For instance, here's mine:

pinp16m76y8c.jpg

It's gone down as I've lost weight, of course, and is now averaging in the high 1700s. I'm trying to lose those stubborn last 5-10 pounds now, at a slow rate of about a half a pound a week.
  • nelrvergara
    nelrvergara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    4"11 and I just started but I come to realize that I was eating a lot more than I should. I was surprised when I started counting. I thought u was doing great. Add me and ill let you know how I did in a week.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Sweepypie wrote: »
    May33338 wrote: »
    I've been wondering if people have had success while eating this amount? I feel hungry eating 1200 and if it's possible to lose weight with exercise while eating 1500, I'd definitely like to up my calorie intake.

I am 5ft 05ins and I am on 1490 calories a day. I can't exercise much but I have lost 32lbs in 65 days.

Amazing. Almost too amazing.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    sun_fish wrote: »
    I'm 5'1, and for the first 50 pounds I lost I ate around 1500 total. At that point I stopped losing, so reduced to 1350 total for the last 20 pounds. I am in my early 50's and lightly active.

You did great!!!
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5", been in maintenance/recomp mode for 2 months. I find that I'll lose between 0.5 - 1 pound a week on 2000 calories per day.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    This had been really helpful. I am going to recalculate my daily intake based on what you guys have said here. B)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and eat anywhere from 1200 (rare) to 1800 (ummmm kind of rare) with a median of 1450 (is what my goals are set at, and im usually pretty good at sticking to it) i do exercise (5 days a week an hour a time at the gym) and generally eat back my calories, or at least some of them. i do go over on occasion. life happens.

i started in jan at 250 (maybe more) and was 215 last friday.

no foods are off limits, i eat what i want, just stay in my range