Help and advice please!

Options
Hey
I'm Alana and I'm 22, I only found this app 5 days ago and since have been trying to get my weight under control, of course I know and understand it takes time and dedication to get and see results but I'm new to all this and never had to diet in my life! I have no ideas what foods I should be eating and I seem to be constantly hungry! I've started some cardio training but not sure on how often I should do this or what other exercises I should do along side, mainly looking for help with food tips and recipes please!! Thank you

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can just eat your foods just less of them. This thread is a good starting point
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat the foods that you like and make sure that you are hitting your macro targets = protein/fats/carbs. so yes, you can eat some pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc, just balance that off with nutrient dense foods like fish/rice/vegetables/chicken etc.

What did you set MFP for? If you set your goal for two pound loss per week, then that may to be too aggressive and wy you are hungry all the time. I would suggest changing it to one pound per week, as that will give you more calories to eat per day.

As long as you are in a calorie deficit then you will lose weight, just eat to the number that MFP gives you.

I would suggest a lifting program like strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, or starting strength < but that is just my preference and is not necessary for weight/fat loss.
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're currently eating, but you need to find foods that you get quite a lot of quantity for the calories, which includes fruit and veg, low fat dairy, lean chicken, fish, lentils. Also some food that keep you fuller for longer, like oats and wholegrain rice.

If you try to avoid processed food you generally get more food for your calories.

Also make sure you drink plenty. Sometimes you aren't hungry when you feel it, just thirsty. Obviously avoid sugary soft drinks as they have lots of calories, but won't fill you.