Exercise

Options
its my second day exercising and my calfs burn. Any helpful tips?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind of exercising you are doing but experiencing soreness after a workout is common, especially when exercising is new to you. Stretching after exercising can help with this, though it won't necessarily prevent it or make it totally go away. Taking a walk today may also help. Once you've been exercising for awhile you may find that the soreness doesn't appear as often.
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's been 10 years! My rotty dog walks fast and my calfs are screaming stop your killing us! But I keep going
  • tonihunter945
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I'm not sure what kind of exercising you are doing but experiencing soreness after a workout is common, especially when exercising is new to you. Stretching after exercising can help with this, though it won't necessarily prevent it or make it totally go away. Taking a walk today may also help. Once you've been exercising for awhile you may find that the soreness doesn't appear as often.
    jemhh wrote: »

• tonihunter945
    Options
    Thank you
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lol. When I started exercising last March I did this workout one day (a reduced version actually because I couldn't do all the squats and lunges) and I had trouble walking for the next 2-3 days. I started warming up for 5-10 minutes on the treadmill first and then doing this stretching video before doing the workout and it helped immensely.

You could walk in place for 5 minutes or so, do the stretches, and then take your dog out for a walk. (I'm jealous of your fast walking dog. I have 3 greyhounds who move slow as molasses while on the leash. The one walks so slow that he is 2-3 feet behind me at times.)