Eating healthy while on bedrest

Options
I'm 28 weeks pregnant and on bedrest for high blood pressure. I can't stand very long to make meals and my husband works long hours so he'll bring me fast food to eat. Any ideas for quick meals that take under 10 minutes, or premade meals DH can buy at the store for me that actually have nutritional value?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken and whatever is sold in your store near the chicken like hummus/ pickles, crackers . . . . (Call the store if you want. They will be helpful.)
    Also have him pick up precut fruits and veggies and salad dressing from the produce section.
    Talk to him. Maybe if you keep your list down to eight or ten items he will not feel overwhelmed.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i went thru this with my first and ended up gaining a ton! My suggestion is get chicken breasts, season them differently, cook them, then freeze them so you can just pop them in the microwave for a few minutes. same with veggies, get varieties and add those. Then have quinoa or brown rice made up in big batches. Your hubby can help on the weekend and you can make enough to last for the week and portion them out to you can just pop them in the microwave and be done.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I like the vegetable steamers that you can throw in the microwave. I second the rotisserie chicken.

I've been doing stouffer's freezer meals for lunch with a bag of veg. the meals are about 400 cal and veg about 70. They have protein but may be too high in salt for you. I think Trader Joe's has some frozen meals that are low in preservatives. The Indian ones are tasty.

Could you make your own lasagna and portion that out in the freezer? Maybe make the noodles, let them drain and dry while you rest, and have the sauce simmering? I have never made a lasagna.

Um you could also get frozen salmon, throw the frozen fish on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil (and have a little divider) and put frozen veg and some chopped potatoes on the other side. It takes about 30-40 minuets to bake.

Maybe also supplement the take out with a bag of veg?