Someone kick me

Options
please... all of you, just start kicking. I need a good slap in the face or something.

hahahaha

OR...all of you that ARE on the wagon, its time to reach out and grab my hand and force me right back on...I am holding on for dear life here.

:wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    please... all of you, just start kicking. I need a good slap in the face or something.

hahahaha

OR...all of you that ARE on the wagon, its time to reach out and grab my hand and force me right back on...I am holding on for dear life here.

:wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • mjredd
    mjredd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Remember Summer is really close by. You want to look hot don't cha? You want to wear a bikini, and some shorts? You can do it!!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    C'mon Dulc, you can do it, just keep going. I know how you're feeling, i lost nothing last week... and I thought I was doing so well! Just gotta keep going!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Dulce Same here I weighed in at the doctors today never lost a pound, :ohwell: That's okay I'm fighting mad now:explode: Let's get with the program girl, starting today and we weigh in next Monday lets see if you can beat my *kitten* . Ready? Go!!!! I will be checking with you next Monday.....Think you can beat this old woman:laugh: Bring it on:smokin:

How about the looser has to send the other a smooch smiley? Any takers?:drinker:
  • namaste
    namaste Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a bit of a kick recently myself, so here's hoping this helps you as well. I recently read excerpts from a book called "Growing Younger: Ancient Secrets, Modern Research". I found out just how badly I'm abusing my body, and why I feel tired all of the time and am having a hard time losing weight. I eat badly, I don't breathe correctly, I don't get enough exercise or sleep, I have WAY too much stress, etc. All of these things sound normal for the average person's life these days. I've decided that I value myself too much to be just another statistic.

Today I've started logging my calories and exercise again (I'd let that slip for a couple of months), am making conscious choices to get up and move around as often as possible, drinking more water, eating less, breathing more deeply, and trying to squash any negative or stressful feelings as they arise. I have tried many times before and have failed, but perhaps I've been looking at things the wrong way. It's not about being skinny and what others think of as beautiful. It's about the process of making myself stronger and healthier, mind body and soul.

I hope this has been helpful to you. Imagine the you that you truly are, and keep that image in front of you as you take the journey.
  • obsession101
    Options
    Just remember if you give up now what was all the hard work before for? You can do it just put your foot down and KNOW not think but Know that you can do it! And remember you are never alone!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    While on this site, you provided great insight to other members regarding weight loss and staying on the wagon. I know you're capable of this without never meeting or having a formal conversation with you.

That says a lot about your character. I know you worked hard for this, don't give up.:heart:
  • Pom_love_2
    Options
    How can you look in a mirror and not realize you are beautiful! (Believe me I know how, but I'm telling you to wake up) I know you think you are so ugly because you aren't the weight you'd like to be, but one thing I've noticed is that I've seen very large people with tons of friends...because they don't dwell on what they look like but rather the wonderful person they are shines through! I have this same problem...even when I was thin, I DIDN'T have my pick of men, or friends...(and I was beautiful when I was younger, but didn't see it then)....now I know it was because of self-esteem and my opinion of myself and how I looked at myself.

Attitude! I know it's not easy to change...but we must. If we can't and it's severely affecting our lives, then perhaps seeing a professional is in order. Hormonal inbalances can be severe. I have anxiety problems that make it impossible for me to walk into a room with a large group of people, or even think of a job interview. Some days going shopping was out of the question. (because of what people would think of me) Forget standing up for myself in a situation...I practically faint. I'm taking medication now that helps with the anxiety, but still have to work on my opinions of myself and concentrate on what is good about me.

Daily affirmations help. I know sitting around and beating myself up about my failures absolutely DOESN'T help, which is what I was taught by being constantly reminded of them growing up. Self-talk can be devastating or encouraging, but IT IS POWERFUL!

I know from having some friends with your affliction that you have a lot of pain, making exercise difficult. They have to force themselves to exercise. But they do it because they know their health depends on it. An ex-coworker had to stay away from any foods that were not organic...and was seeing a homeopathic doctor. She said everytime she went off her special diet she had problems.

You CAN do it.

Set your mind to it, start saying those affirmations....to get you started..."I am a beautiful person..I am worthy of liking myself and being liked the way I am....I have so much to look forward to in my future.....I can do ANYTHING I want....." repeat, repeat, repeat....and with feeling...really think about what you're saying. You have so much life ahead of you..........grab it and go!

:smile:
  • dulceluva
    Options
    I am not giving up...just need a literal kick.

thanks
  • dulceluva
    Options
    I've gotten a bit of a kick recently myself, so here's hoping this helps you as well. I recently read excerpts from a book called "Growing Younger: Ancient Secrets, Modern Research". I found out just how badly I'm abusing my body, and why I feel tired all of the time and am having a hard time losing weight. I eat badly, I don't breathe correctly, I don't get enough exercise or sleep, I have WAY too much stress, etc. All of these things sound normal for the average person's life these days. I've decided that I value myself too much to be just another statistic.

Today I've started logging my calories and exercise again (I'd let that slip for a couple of months), am making conscious choices to get up and move around as often as possible, drinking more water, eating less, breathing more deeply, and trying to squash any negative or stressful feelings as they arise. I have tried many times before and have failed, but perhaps I've been looking at things the wrong way. It's not about being skinny and what others think of as beautiful. It's about the process of making myself stronger and healthier, mind body and soul.

I hope this has been helpful to you. Imagine the you that you truly are, and keep that image in front of you as you take the journey.

This was really nice. Thank you.
  • dulceluva
    Options
    How can you look in a mirror and not realize you are beautiful! (Believe me I know how, but I'm telling you to wake up) I know you think you are so ugly because you aren't the weight you'd like to be, but one thing I've noticed is that I've seen very large people with tons of friends...because they don't dwell on what they look like but rather the wonderful person they are shines through! I have this same problem...even when I was thin, I DIDN'T have my pick of men, or friends...(and I was beautiful when I was younger, but didn't see it then)....now I know it was because of self-esteem and my opinion of myself and how I looked at myself.

Attitude! I know it's not easy to change...but we must. If we can't and it's severely affecting our lives, then perhaps seeing a professional is in order. Hormonal inbalances can be severe. I have anxiety problems that make it impossible for me to walk into a room with a large group of people, or even think of a job interview. Some days going shopping was out of the question. (because of what people would think of me) Forget standing up for myself in a situation...I practically faint. I'm taking medication now that helps with the anxiety, but still have to work on my opinions of myself and concentrate on what is good about me.

Daily affirmations help. I know sitting around and beating myself up about my failures absolutely DOESN'T help, which is what I was taught by being constantly reminded of them growing up. Self-talk can be devastating or encouraging, but IT IS POWERFUL!

I know from having some friends with your affliction that you have a lot of pain, making exercise difficult. They have to force themselves to exercise. But they do it because they know their health depends on it. An ex-coworker had to stay away from any foods that were not organic...and was seeing a homeopathic doctor. She said everytime she went off her special diet she had problems.

You CAN do it.

Set your mind to it, start saying those affirmations....to get you started..."I am a beautiful person..I am worthy of liking myself and being liked the way I am....I have so much to look forward to in my future.....I can do ANYTHING I want....." repeat, repeat, repeat....and with feeling...really think about what you're saying. You have so much life ahead of you..........grab it and go!

Well...this certainly caught me off guard. I thought I was being comical when I asked for a friendly kick in the @ss but I will also welcome the kind and sincere thoughts from all of you.

thanks
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    KICK! There now you get right back on this wagon young lady. We're not leaving you behind. I know you can lose the weight, just keep trying. Here, take my hand and jump on. You can do it!

How's that? :bigsmile:
  • Pom_love_2
    Options

You CAN do it.

Well...this certainly caught me off guard. I thought I was being comical when I asked for a friendly kick in the @ss but I will also welcome the kind and sincere thoughts from all of you.

thanks

(I read your profile as well as this post, probably should have mentioned it)
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Dulce Same here I weighed in at the doctors today never lost a pound, :ohwell: That's okay I'm fighting mad now:explode: Let's get with the program girl, starting today and we weigh in next Monday lets see if you can beat my *kitten* . Ready? Go!!!! I will be checking with you next Monday.....Think you can beat this old woman:laugh: Bring it on:smokin:

How about the looser has to send the other a smooch smiley? Any takers?:drinker:

yea i to read her profile.........didn't realise it was joke:embarassed:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    I'm going to give you and myself a kick..... I am in the same boat as you, joined this site on December 31, 2007, and to date have only lost one pound. I know how frustrating that is....
    But I am not giving up, even though things are very stressfull right now. (My mother in law is in hospice and probably only has a few days left ), so needless to say, I have not been eating well, or exercising.... But Im not gonna give up..
    On Wednesday i am starting with a personal trainer, and I am sooo excited (probably wont be too excited wednesday afternoon...:grumble: :laugh: )
    So hang in there , you can do this.
    Dawn
  • dulceluva
    Options
    a personal trainer is great! they are a great motivation cuz they you feel really bad for wasting their time and boy do they let you know that!

Thank you for all of your warm and kind suggestions and motivations :wink:

Just have to do a little soul-searching if I am going to succeed to my expectations.

thanks