should i lower my calories on my days off??

Options
Should I lower my 1450 calorie intake on my days off since I'm not standing for 8 hours

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    no because your intake is already based on your average daily non-exercise activity and it is already a built-in deficit. Just eat to your goal which will include at least half of your exercise calories.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    What is the activity level you have set for MFP? If you're set to Active, for example, and on your days off you're actually sedentary then you may want to lower your calorie goals for those days.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    What is the activity level you have set for MFP? If you're set to Active, for example, and on your days off you're actually sedentary then you may want to lower your calorie goals for those days.

Activity goals are/should be set based on AVERAGE activity. Meaning if most of the time OP is legit active then that is based on considering both the high and low active days. e.g. I'm lazy as eff on Sundays but I'm standing half of the day on Saturday and walking/bus on weekdays. Overall my activity averages out to lightly active if not including my exercise, which would put me at moderately active despite only working out 4-5x a week.