Do these even work

bax2vk5zo4ym.jpg
I see them on pintrest and IG all the time and sometimes I'm half tempted but there still some things I can't do (side planks) but can it be possible for abs in 30days? Has anyone had any success with these?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    What kind of results are you expecting? It's not going to give you abs. It might increase your endurance for ab work.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    They aren't intended to give you visible abs in 30 days....just to increase your ab endurance over 30 days.
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    No abs just what I thought. Maybe I'll start on Friday
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    mmk then
  • DLW3555
    DLW3555 Posts: 7 Member
    Everyone has abs ... most people's are buried beneath a layer of fat. Not saying someone is "fat" ... just that the fatty tissue that everyone has covers up many people's abs.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Abs are just like any other muscle in that you have to work them to build them, and you have to shed bodyfat to see them.
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    If you are still a beginner/intermediate, I wouldn't recommend working out the same muscle groups this often. Try 3-4 times a week with a rest day in between
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I always wondered about this... I do see a lot of the 30 day challenges posted and wondered why you would work the same muscles several days in a row.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    actually abs are the only group that you can work every day......
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    meritage4 wrote: »
    actually abs are the only group that you can work every day......

You can, but it's pointless to do so.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    mkakids wrote: »
    This program will give you visible abs in 30 days....AND increase your ab endurance over 30 days.

I would agree with the latter but the former is absolutely not true. Ab definition is generally a combination of genetics and bodyfat levels.

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    mkakids wrote: »
    This program will give you visible abs in 30 days....AND increase your ab endurance over 30 days.

I would agree with the latter but the former is absolutely not true. Ab definition is generally a combination of clean eating and an hour of sit-ups every day

Whoa whoa... Do you have any links to back this up?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    edited April 2015
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Those exercises will strengthen your abdominal muscles but do nothing for appearance. (This is all in my opinion/experience of course)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    You cannot spot reduce. After you lose enough fat, your midsection musculature will be visible. At that point, having more definition in the muscles then will matter.

I would spend that time doing a full body, compound lifting program three times per week and walking on the other days. You’ll get a lot more health and fitness benefits from that.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I would say if you really feel like your core is weak, then it could be a good program to follow, although I think doing the exercises daily would cause your form to suffer, so if you're too sore or tired take a day off instead of doing it sloppily.

But also, your core is more than just your upper and lower abs. The calendar you posted is missing work on your obliques and your back which are pretty important. So find something that has maybe some Supermans or *something* to balance that work out. It makes a really big difference to focus on your entire core instead of just front/center.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    I read that to see abs, body fat needs to be at like 13%.