scale not budging....help!!!

Options
Hi everyone... Was looking for a group like this... Anyway, I'm 42, 5'2". I eat healthy and workout moderately at least 4 days a week. But after I turned 40, pounds started creeping on...till then I was a lean 54-55 kg. Soon after I turned 50, I became 57 kg, in spite of maintaining my eating and exercise habits. To make things worse, I had keyhole knee surgery in December. After the bedredrest, I went up to 62 kg. I've restarted exercise (even to a greater intensity than before and am eating even healthier, with more amounts of protein) 2 months back. But the weight isn't budging. I've managed to lose 1.5 kg, but that's it...whatever I do it seems to be stuck there. What am i doing wrong??? Very depressed...please help me out here :'(

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Your profile is not filled out so I can't see a little bit about you nor is your diary open. MFP community needs more information in order to provide help/recommendations/advice.

For example you have not disclosed anything helpful along with your question .. MFP folks are going to ask if you are logging in everyday, are logging accurately, what are your goals, what type of exercise, how long has it been since you noticed the scale not moving, are you measuring and weighing your food, etc..
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    1.5kg lost in 2 months is nothing to sneeze at, it may not be as fast as you want but it's not the same as "STUCK"
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food and counting your calories so you reach a healthy calorie defecit across the week

Do that
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    If you're not weighing your food and logging your food, you're not doing everything you can.

A red flag goes up for me whenever anyone emphasizes how "healthy" they are eating, because it's a very common misconception that if we just eat the "right" foods and exercise, we'll lose weight. There are so many "eat this, not this" types of new reports that foster this attitude that it's not an uncommon thing for people to believe.

Yeah, it's still possible to overeat "healthy" food. Without accurately tracking your intake and eating at a calorie deficit, the scale won't move.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit equals weight loss. If you aren't losing, you're not in a deficit. Can you open your diary?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    You are eating at, or very close to your maintenance level of calories.

Use either MFP or one of the various online calculators to give you an estimated calorie intake. Eat this number, accurately logging and tracking your intake for 4 weeks.

Adjust the number as necessary.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    You can eat healthy food ... but that doesn't mean you're eating low cal.