What's your commitment level to weight loss?

On a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being 100% commitment, where would you honestly rank yourself, both based on what's in your head and what goes into your mouth in a given week?

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    8.....committed enough to watch and log everything that passes my lips and to BUY the 30 Day Shred but not dedicated enough to do it yet. Walking/jogging is working just fine for now. :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    I'd have to say 10
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    -10 cuz weight gain
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited April 2015
    Still a 7-8. Needs to be zero because I need to recomp and/or gain lbm.
  • kdoodlethug
    kdoodlethug Posts: 24 Member
    I'd say 8 because I want to do it and have been tracking fairly well (and improving) but continue to eat past my calorie limit, especially on weekends. :\ I think it's mainly an issue of getting familiar with different foods and what their counts are likely to be.
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    I'd say an 8. I also struggle with the weekends and cravings... But every time I eat too much, or get discouraged.. I pick myself back up again and get back on track.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    I've lost 14.5lbs in the past 6 weeks so I'd say I'm pretty committed. I eat under 1500 calories every day and walk at least 12k steps.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    I was at a 9-10 but now that I am 3 pounds from my ultimate goal, I would say 5-7 depending on how I'm feeling. This week I'm sick, so a 5 at best :(
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Probably a 6-7, I've cut calories substantially due to a freaky weight gain I had. No issues with eating under 1000 calories so far, probably won't have an issue since I cut out my candy.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    At 10 most days. For some moments in the week I am at 8/9
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    But, for what it's worth… Just because you don't have perfect days every day doesn't mean you aren't committed. Commitment is about never giving up and getting up each time you fall. It's not about never having a bad food day or never missing a workout. We're human. Commitment doesn't make us super-human.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Most days - 10. I have made this my first job. Losing the weight and getting healthy has been my top priority for the last 3 years. I can never go back to how I was...my brain is just packed full of too much information to ever resort back to how I was eating. Exercise now feels amazing to me and I struggle to go 2 days in a row without some form of exercise.

Even on my bad days, or weekends - I am still 100% committed as I see it healthy to "relax" about my food/exercise every once in a while.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Like a 2.. I'm pretty happy where I'm at, but I wouldnt mind dropping another 5lbs. Oh well lol
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    As much as I would like to say a 10, I know in reality it is about a 6. I come on here every day, keep a journal, log and weigh most things, make meal plans and exercise plans....but when it actually comes down to it, no matter how much I tell myself I want it, I just don't feel like I have the motivation or the 'staying power' to be able to rank myself a 10.

In fact, it is usually a 10 on Monday, down to about a 4 by the weekend :p
  • Scoobytooby
    Scoobytooby Posts: 13 Member
    This week has been about a 2. Very poor week for me.
  • gjz123
    gjz123 Posts: 19 Member
    As much as I would like to say a 10, I know in reality it is about a 6. I come on here every day, keep a journal, log and weigh most things, make meal plans and exercise plans....but when it actually comes down to it, no matter how much I tell myself I want it, I just don't feel like I have the motivation or the 'staying power' to be able to rank myself a 10.

In fact, it is usually a 10 on Monday, down to about a 4 by the weekend :p

I agree. I don't think I have reached the 10 level at all. I think that may be why I am not losing weight like I think I should be. It's a difficult, and ongoing process.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    This is actually an excellent question. As I think about it, I always assumed I was a 10. But when I look at my progress and what I eat, I see that I'm more like a 7.

Thank you for asking.
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm at about a 6 total right now. Calorie control and food choices are about a 7-8. I am much more conscious about what and how much I eat and have almost eliminated mindless snacking. On the exercise front, however, a 4-5. It takes me way too long to get motivated and I always seem to procrastinate doing it. Once I start, I enjoy it and I always feel great after, but I haven't made it the priority that it needs to be.
    There's a great saying on my gym door-
    Know that showing up to work out is half the battle.
    Very true for me right now. Thanks for the original post! It inspired me to really evaluate and reassess!
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    about a 10 except on weekends where im about a 8 when Im usually off of work so its easier to become tempted to eat a little more.I want to be at my goal of 185 by june. And I have a Nutrionist who is monitoring me for pre diabtes so for the rest of my life I will have to be a FP member.
  • JeepJeep87
    JeepJeep87 Posts: 38 Member
    I'd say a 7. I am logging everything I eat and haven't gone over my calorie count in awhile. I turn down foods that I want but that I know aren't a good option for me. When I have cravings, I don't give in (all the way). Instead I find a healthy alternative or eat less of it. My biggest problem is exercise. I don't do it. I started to in the beginning but the last week I've slept through my alarm every morning and tell myself "tomorrow I won't be so tired". Ugh.