Advice? :)

I'm really stuck and don't know what to do I want to get a lower body fat percentage and abs but dont want to lose any muscle, what does everyone suggest I do? (Im really scared of gaining fat) and is there any good supps to help boost my results? any advice would be appreciated.. oh p.s check out my pics i uploaded today on my profile

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I'm no expert, but I can point you in the right direction.

Check out this group and read the stickies. If you have more questions, Sidesteel and Sara are ****ing kick *kitten* awesome so ask them questions.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    What's your current diet and training like?
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Check out BuiltLean.com. They have a wealth of information on exercise and nutrition principles to cut fat while maintaining muscle mass.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    You either cut or bulk. If you want to get lean then cut down with a modest calorie deficit while making sure you get sufficient protein and fat while strength training. If you want to bulk then bulk. Either go all our or take a lean gains type approach.

It is this simple. Just be patient and don't try to do both at once. You'll drive yourself batty and go nowhere fast.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Good point. You need to pick one. It is really a matter of perspective from there, though. For me, being a chubby little manlet all my life makes me want to burn my last few bf% points off before starting my clean bulk. For other people, stringbeans in particular, they would sooner die than remain skinny, so they bulk first and don't mind if they get some fat as well because that are getting noob strength and muscle gains.

However, for me...I wanna get "skinny" what bodybuilders would consider scrawny THEN bulk up.

The reason being is that I will have established kick *kitten* exercise principles, supercharged my metabolism, and also cleaned up my diet while creating proper nutrition partitioning for that clean bulk I speak of.

The important thing for people like us to remember is that YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH BOTH STAGES. You can't just lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. You might think you are, but you aren't. If you are doing it right you are probably cutting that stubborn fat exposing the muscle you already had.