Cheat day/ meal?

Options
Just wondering your thoughts on this?

Do you have a cheat day/ or just a cheat meal a week?

Replies

• herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I always have, but am finding lately it's interfering with loss so might have to stop. The rest of the week being good, I'm playing catchup all the time :cry:
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    No, because if I want something I find a way to make it work within my calorie limit.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No here too - I make it fit into my calories for the day, and by no means do I miss out. If I want something I'll have it, and either be careful the rest of the day or work it off later on.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, either a Friday or a Saturday night my husband makes home made pizzas. The rest of the week I stick to healthy eating.
  • slikorify
    slikorify Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't plan any cheat meals / days since I know I usually end up going over my calories around once a week anyway if I go out for a meal or drinks or order in food with my housemates etc. I always let myself do stuff like that as long as it isn't too often since being really strict doesn't really work for me
  • fleurk126
    fleurk126 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I would go insane otherwise. It's always the weekend for me. Either Saturday or Sunday and even if I go slightly over the other day during the week, I don't worry too much because I'm consistently under during the week.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    nickyevans wrote: »
    Yes I do, either a Friday or a Saturday night my husband makes home made pizzas. The rest of the week I stick to healthy eating.

Just out of curiosity.

Do you class this as a cheat because it takes you over your calorie or macro goals, or is it because you class pizza as a cheat?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No. You cannot cheat on food.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Is homemade pizza unhealthy?
    What does your husband put in the pizza?

Or is it best not to ask? :wink:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Cheating as in you don't log it is not a good idea. It is quite common for people to stall their weight loss by not logging a meal or day and not realizing they ate enough to completely eliminate their deficit.

Cheating as in you are going to eat over goal, well thats up to you. Log it so you know how it effected your deficit and have accurate expectations for your weight loss. You will have to decide what is or is not worth it to you.

• fleurk126
    fleurk126 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cheating as in you don't log it is not a good idea. It is quite common for people to stall their weight loss by not logging a meal or day and not realizing they ate enough to completely eliminate their deficit.

Cheating as in you are going to eat over goal, well thats up to you. Log it so you know how it effected your deficit and have accurate expectations for your weight loss. You will have to decide what is or is not worth it to you.

Yes, by cheating at weekends I mean that I do still log my "sins" knowing it will slow my weight loss, but giving my sanity a chance too otherwise I'll just end up craving >:)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    No, because if I want something I find a way to make it work within my calorie limit.

+1

Absolutely!

Also, I don't want to sabotage the progress I'm making.

If I want something above and beyond my usual calorie limit ... I exercise for it.

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Never, I strive to always stay within my goals. I cannot fathom why someone would purposefully cheat on themselves.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Homemade pizza is super healthy!!! And OP, I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I just stay within my calorie limit.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    No. You cannot cheat on food.

Truth
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't plan in cheat meals or treats, because I do it when I need it or for something special, but try not to let it happen more than once a week.

I try to eat cleanish and low carb most of the time, so a cheat for me could be something like homemade pizza. I do try to log it though, although it's not always that accurate.

A cheat always has to be earnt/paid back though, whether that's being extra good with what I eat other days, or doing more exercise.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I don't think cheat days/meals exist if you make it fit. I eat junk food all the time. Make it work.
  • Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For a while there I was having one cheat meal a week then it started turning into 3 times a week then for a while there every day. I think depending on how many calories you save the rest of the week giving yourself and metabolism a spike is not necessarily a bad thing as long as you can be disciplined the other 6 days.