Fitness Trackers - Heart rate or no heart rate?

Options
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to decide whether to go for a fitness tracker with or without a heart rate monitor. I'm mostly interested in the Misfit Shine (appealing design, reasonable cost, no HR monitor) vs Fitbit Charge HR (not as keen on the design, more expensive, HR tracker and seems popular). I'm also very interested in the sleep monitoring functions as I am a very bad sleeper and I want to improve this as well as my fitness.

My budget is ideally somewhere comfortably between £50-100. The downside is that £50 of my budget is in Amazon vouchers so things like eBay are no use to me (though I keep looking just in case by some miracle I get lucky!).

I've lost 20lbs so this is a treat to myself to help me maintain my weight loss and get fitter (rather than necessarily much thinner). I don't want to regret my purchase though because I don't have a lot of disposable income (stay at home mum to a 1yr old) and I've raised my budget through doing surveys and selling old clothes.

Thanks for any advice!

Michelle

Replies

• nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR and I love it. I have swapped to using that instead of my Polar HR monitor as I can just wear the fitbit all day and get my steps and calorie burn counted as well.
  • fishybaldrick
    fishybaldrick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had the fitbit charge hr for just over a week and love it, the simplistic approach of just wearing it suits me to the ground. Not being waterproof is the other downside I have discovered so far, well worth the money