New to MFP but determined.

Hi, I'm new to MFP and have a vast amount of weight to lose, my ultimate goal is to lose 135-145lbs but going to set smaller milestones along the way. After reading some of the simply amazing success stories on MFP I am greatly encouraged and believe that I can do it. My long story short is due the death of a close family member and also much comfort eating when in an abusive relationship (happy to say I'm no longer in it) the weight piled on. I did start to lose weight through exercise and healthy eating but sadly due to an accident I have had a spinal injury for the past 16months which has and is restricting me from doing very much exercise so any tips or help that anyone would be willing to give me would be gratefully received. Not sure how the whole MFP works yet but will be logging everything to keep track. If anyone is wanting to add me as a friend then that would be great. If you also have a lot to lose then it would be nice to have like minded people to share the journey with. Thanks.

Replies

• CortanaChief
    CortanaChief Posts: 13 Member
    Any suggestions for chair exercises that will help to burn some extra calories would be great too. :)
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Hi feel free to add me for support x
  • wesleywood194
    wesleywood194 Posts: 2 Member
    Add me if you'd like.... I have over 100 to lose
  • CortanaChief
    Hi feel free to add me for support x

Thank you. Have sent a friends request... I think. :)
  • CortanaChief
    Add me if you'd like.... I have over 100 to lose
    Thank you, have added you. :)
  • kkuberry
    kkuberry Posts: 2 Member
    I recently started my own journey - I have 40lbs to lose while you might think in comparison this is not much I assure the struggle is real for all of us no matter the number....I also wanted to share that I have finally been finding motivation to work out - Daily Burn True Beginner Program is absolutely amazing - the most comfortable atmosphere with people who are not entirely in shape just like us and also not stick thin and all pumped up which makes me feel comfortable - you might want to try it! you can add me if you like it would be helpful to have accountability on my end because I will be honest I still tend to wander....good luck in your endeavors!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    I have 30 pounds to lose. Add me for support and motivation!!!
  • CortanaChief
    kkuberry wrote: »
    I recently started my own journey - I have 40lbs to lose while you might think in comparison this is not much I assure the struggle is real for all of us no matter the number....I also wanted to share that I have finally been finding motivation to work out - Daily Burn True Beginner Program is absolutely amazing - the most comfortable atmosphere with people who are not entirely in shape just like us and also not stick thin and all pumped up which makes me feel comfortable - you might want to try it! you can add me if you like it would be helpful to have accountability on my end because I will be honest I still tend to wander....good luck in your endeavors!

Whatever someone's number is it is a journey and an achievement to lose it (or gain it for some). :) I really enjoy working out, it's frustrating not being able to at the moment. Hopefully when I've lost some weight my spinal injury won't hurt quite so much and will free me to exercise more. I will certainly check that out though, thanks for the tip. Happy to add you, as the more support we all have the better I think and if I can help anyone when they need support then it's a good thing. Will send you a FR now. :)
  • CortanaChief
    vada44 wrote: »
    I have 30 pounds to lose. Add me for support and motivation!!!

Thank you, have added you just now. :)