Exercise or sleep?

Options
so the plan This morning was to wake up at 7 and go to a spinning class around 8:30. I layed down to go to sleep last night around 11:30, but didn't fall asleep until 3:30. Would you rather skip exercise for the day and sleep in, or get no sleep and go to the spinning class?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Go to class.
  • Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Go to class, you will be glad you did
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'd sleep, but I can't function and I am not very pleasant without adequate sleep. I probably wouldn't have a great workout and then I'd be extra grumpy.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    depends on how well you function without the usual amount of sleep - if you can manage, then go to class anyway. if not, either swap this out as a rest day and make up for it a different day, or sleep in and do a workout in the evening instead.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    sleep
  • AutumnSal
    AutumnSal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SLEEP! Take care of your body as sleep deprivation is no fun. Exercise in the evening if you can or like above use the day as a rest day and swap your routien about.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Would you have ditched your job for the same reason?

I'm all for getting adequate sleep, but there's a fine line between resting out of necessity and resting as an excuse.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd go to the class then come home and sleep in. Is there a later class?
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Depends on what responsibilities you have after the class and how well you need to function. From the sounds of it, if you're able to roll out of bed at 7 for an 8:30 class, it doesn't sound like catching up on your sleep would be a problem. Go to the class.
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Would you have ditched your job for the same reason?

I'm all for getting adequate sleep, but there's a fine line between resting out of necessity and resting as an excuse.

Well i wouldn't say wanting to sleep more than 3 1/2 hours is an excuse. I don't have time to go later because I have class and then work. Everyone says not enough sleep will stall your weight loss, so I'm not sure which would have the better outcome.
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well I'm obviously up, so I'm going to the class lol