HELP! SWIMSUITS that don't DIG IN AT THE HIPS!

Options
2»

Replies

• PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    ....... which style of swimsuit is the SMOOTHEST looking on your hips IF you still have some chubbs on that particular area???

I think this question has been answered already..

I tried searching for it before posting mine and didn't have any luck... ??? That'd be great if you could find it and link me!

The ones with ties. I meant that it had been answered in your thread.
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    apologies for the common sense, I should have known better!

It's okay, I totally get it... it definitely exists with some people on here lol.

I was being sarcastic :tongue:

Nothing about stretching your bottoms out and wearing them in the shower then allowing them to dry on your body is common sense.

The common sense response I was referring to was the "go up in size."
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

It's okay, I totally get it... it definitely exists with some people on here lol.

Nothing about stretching your bottoms out and wearing them in the shower then allowing them to dry on your body is common sense.

lol ok but it's not personal, really, no one knows anyone here, we're just going by what you wrote.. (& offering what probably took us each a while to learn)
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    oooooo wait a second.. buy the bottoms that tie and adjust on the sides! derrr

i carry my fat around my hips and have wide hips...these are theeeeee only ones that i can wear
  • katg73
    Options

lol ok but it's not personal, really, no one knows anyone here, we're just going by what you wrote.. (& offering what probably took us each a while to learn)

Oh I know, realized that after the fact lol
  • katg73
    Options

i carry my fat around my hips and have wide hips...these are theeeeee only ones that i can wear

I used to hate those for some when I was bigger, but sounds like I need to give them a try again!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I used to hate those for some when I was bigger, but sounds like I need to give them a try again!

yes do dear! they are magic!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Y
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Well not foldover and not strings unless you have some amazing legs to boot, I have hips myself and things dig in and I hate it I know what size fits and it bags a little in my butt after having my children ,but still have a booty :)side tie bottoms are a pain you always having to adjust them and don't go on any water slides instant wedgie sorry but its true. They also dig in withrounder hips.

I tried on some ones with wider sides today they are stretchy and don't dig in ,you just need something that doesn't hit you at the wrong point, a wide band that blends in helps detract from the hips area and compliments it well and always you can get a skirtini bottom if you like as long as it fitted if you have a booty or ruffled at the bottom if you have less of a posterior.

I will look for a pic give me a second .:)

OP's a size 4. She really should be fine in a string bikini. The muffin on a size 4 is like a mini-muffin at best.
  • SakuraRose13
    Options
    Well not foldover and not strings unless you have some amazing legs to boot, I have hips myself and things dig in and I hate it I know what size fits and it bags a little in my butt after having my children ,but still have a booty :)side tie bottoms are a pain you always having to adjust them and don't go on any water slides instant wedgie sorry but its true. They also dig in withrounder hips.

I tried on some ones with wider sides today they are stretchy and don't dig in ,you just need something that doesn't hit you at the wrong point, a wide band that blends in helps detract from the hips area and compliments it well and always you can get a skirtini bottom if you like as long as it fitted if you have a booty or ruffled at the bottom if you have less of a posterior.

2s0fgw5.jpg2s0fgw5.jpg

examples
    btw at a size 4 or 2 my normal size strings still didn't do anything for me no muffin top just dug in to my thighs hips area ,I have muscular legs .
  • SakuraRose13
    Options
    never mind was only trying to help guess I wont be doing that again , never implied in any manner OP had a muffin top Im sure she doesn't but there are other options besides string bottoms that work.
  • katg73
    Options

2s0fgw5.jpg2s0fgw5.jpg

examples
    btw at a size 4 or 2 my normal size strings still didn't do anything for me no muffin top just dug in to my thighs hips area ,I have muscular legs .

This is kind of what I was thinking about, I've just had no experience with these kinds of bottoms and figured I'd ask about if anyone's had any luck with them. I do have hips where I do not have a muffin top, but it is still chubby enough to get that dent in the hips even with tie string bottoms -- at least that's how it used to be, so I've been turned off of those since then. But I still will give them a try. Thanks for sharing your examples and experience!
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    never mind was only trying to help guess I wont be doing that again , never implied in any manner OP had a muffin top Im sure she doesn't but there are other options besides string bottoms that work.

Not sure why I came back in here..but I did.

Nobody insinuated you implied OP had a muffin top. OP said (without saying) that she had a muffin top.