Advocare Pushers...annoying?

Options
I'm sure this will "spark" (pun intended) some bashing, and that's okay. I have on my bullet-proof vest and can take the shots.

I just don't get why Advocare sellers are so damn pushy.

In my opinion, I really do not believe that any supplements are truly effective in helping people with weight loss. I would love to see a reality TV show where the "Adovacarers" and the Non-supplemented groups compete against each other to see who would lose the most weight.

I bet if you gave both groups the same exact diet (amount and type of food) and the same amount of exercise for two groups of people who are fairly similar otherwise that the Advocare group would fare no differently.

I think it's a waste of money.

Replies

• LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what advocare is -

i read the title of this thread as "Avacado pushers..."

<--slinks away. with her avacados.

=^x^=
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Actually the majority on this site - at least those that have stuck around a while and see that the basics; exercise and controlled eating do in fact work, would agree with you.

There are some people that are here trying to sell their shakes and miracle cures, but they have to do so in private because nobody likes them and we report them quickly. If they PM you anything, you can report them too.

The entire industry, preying on peoples insecurity and desperation is despicable and disgusting.
  • mkim3138
    mkim3138 Posts: 80
    Options

=^x^=

Lol...
  • Buddhabellybabe
    Buddhabellybabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lol

Now people SHOULD push avocados! LOVE them!

Advocare is a company that sells nutritional supplements.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Where can I sign up to be an avocado pusher??
  • Buddhabellybabe
    Options

The entire industry, preying on peoples insecurity and desperation is despicable and disgusting.

I agree! These are actually my Facebook "friends," so people I know in real life. I just can't believe how each of them (six of my friends so far) do not take no for an answer. I literally have to tell each of them off before they leave me alone. They get pissy and resentful with me and start hating on me. Lol

Drives me nuts. Eat healthy, exercise frequently, get rest. Your body is efficient.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

=^x^=

I laughed way too much at this.
  • Buddhabellybabe
    Options
    And now I want avocados :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I started using AdvoCare the beginning of May and I like the products. My distributor isn't at all pushy. We got to talking at the gym and I was pushier than she was in talking about it. I had been losing weight pretty consistently but was heading toward a plateau and changing up my eating plan helped. Obviously there's no such thing as a magic pill, but if the supplements support and/or enhance what I'm doing with my exercise & diet then I don't see the problem with them.

Don't like avocados, however, so I am anti-avocado pushers.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Where can I sign up to be an avocado pusher??

NOT here! :tongue: Those things are only good as guacamole! My fiancé LOVESSS them though. Its a texture thing for me.. I was eating a salad in a dimly light restaurant on time.. I was going to bite thinking 'pickle'.. haven't liked them since :sick:
  • Buddhabellybabe
    Options
    I started using AdvoCare the beginning of May and I like the products. My distributor isn't at all pushy. We got to talking at the gym and I was pushier than she was in talking about it. I had been losing weight pretty consistently but was heading toward a plateau and changing up my eating plan helped. Obviously there's no such thing as a magic pill, but if the supplements support and/or enhance what I'm doing with my exercise & diet then I don't see the problem with them.

Don't like avocados, however, so I am anti-avocado pushers.

I'm okay with others using them. These people have been ultra-pushy though.

I seriously would love to see a reality show that compares two groups that have the same diet and exercise plan, one that take Advocare products and one that doesn't. I'm willing to bet that the Advocare advocates wouldn't fare any better.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I read Advice Pushers...not as funny as avocado pushers but still ha ha. I think people pushing supplements are pretty annoying. I haven't heard of a single one that actually does what it says it will do. They are expensive and redundant even if the do a little bit above and beyond cutting calories and moving.

As for advice pushers, thanks but no thanks. I really don't care that your Aunt Martha lost a bazillion pounds by getting a gastric bypass procedure. I am not going to eat 6 grapefruit a day. And I am not going to cut my calories down to 1200 or 1,000 or whatever hair-brained VLC plan someone else thinks I should follow.
  • gracetinixoxo
    gracetinixoxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bahahah :)
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Darn, the one night I don't put any avocado in my lunch... Now I really want it :\
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Very very annoying, have one in the family, all he wears is advocare crap -_-
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    one of my nursing classmates is a mini distributor...

I am not too happy about it and was about to make a post against it until I saw that she sells it.