How do YOU post?

2»

Replies

• kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    I log as I eat.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I'm another person who logs as they cook/eat. Dinner at my house is like an episode of chopped. Especially if I haven't ordered groceries or made it to the store recently. It's like ok I have half a rotisserie chicken, some lentils, some slightly wilted spinach and olives. You've got 30 minutes before the kids break down. GO!

Lol
  • theston412
    theston412 Posts: 47 Member
    I usually log the night before, everything but supper and after supper snacks, only because I don't know what we are having for supper until I get home from work.

I like to log everything the night before because, when I see that I've got 969 calories left for supper, but I'm hungry, I can eat a yogurt because I've already accounted for it. I feel like it's free!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    I used to log as I ate, but now I log pretty much everything in the morning. I like knowing what I have to work with for dessert after all my meals and snacks are entered.
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    I log my breakfast and lunch the night before. I log my dinner as im cooking it. I log snacks as and when I want them provided I have the calories for it.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    I have go to breakfasts and lunches and snacks for the work week. I usually have these scheduled the night before when I'm packing it up or in the morning. I leave around the same amount for dinner each night. I live with my parents still, so I don't always know what's for dinner. If I don't like it/it doesn't fit....I find something else to eat. But generally it is logged before it goes in my mouth....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I prelog when I know what I'm going to eat the next day (whether it's breakfast or dinner) then I adjust as I go. I always log dinner before I actually eat though to make sure I stay under, even if it means having a bit less meat or something.

I use the TDEE method though so I don't adjust according to my workouts.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I usually log as I eat, unless I'm going out. If I'm going out I try to pre-log so that I know whether or not I need to work out more if I want dessert, but sometimes I don't get a chance to log until the next day - because I went out due to unforseen schedule changes.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    I pre-plan the night before. Helps me to not go over my calories if I have a plan in place. Having said that, it's not set in stone, so I may change things up as I go, but stay within the same calories per meal.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I pre-log each day the night before, or sometimes the next morning (before eating anything) if I was too lazy to do it the night before. I know exactly what's in my fridge and I'm the cook in my house, so I can fill it exactly the way I like it. ;)
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    For those that log days in advance - how do you know exactly how much your ingredients will weigh? Even if I have a salad I need to weigh my lettuce and tomatoes etc. If I make a sandwich I weigh the butter as it goes on the bread and it's never exactly the same amount. How do you do it?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Weigh everything while I cook, log before or after I eat. I usually only do 2 meals a day, one small and one large. Occasionally I add a snack or two along the way. Rarely do I come close to calories, let alone over, so I don't really have to be that careful unless it's something unusual, like going to a family thing or a restaurant.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I prelog weeks in advance and just make adjustments as I prep certain things. When I make recipes I just input the highest amount I would use and make adjustments if needed.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    I log as I go, but before I put anything on the plate.

Meaning I plan my meal, but then I log to figure out "do I want 6 oz of steak tips, or 4 oz?". Once I log it, I weigh it out and consume.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2015
    For those that log days in advance - how do you know exactly how much your ingredients will weigh? Even if I have a salad I need to weigh my lettuce and tomatoes etc. If I make a sandwich I weigh the butter as it goes on the bread and it's never exactly the same amount. How do you do it?

I prelog the week...typically Monday morning to Friday lunch. I will prelog some of the weekend as well depending on what is going on.

I sit down on Sunday and start logging. My breakfasts are typically the same all week so that's easy I just copy a meal I made. Same with snacks.

My lunches are typically leftovers from the night before and my evening meal is planned based on what groceries I have bought on Saturday.

To answer this question if my meal says 5 grams of butter that's what I eat, for example on my toast in the morning. I get a container for work and put it on my scale and weigh out 5 grams of butter. If I have logged 100grams of lettuce that is what goes in the bowl.

I tried logging as I ate...didn't work as I would typically go over.

I tried logging day by day but it's not me...I am a planner so this suits my personality.

Keeping in mind if I don't feel like leftovers or there are none and that was my plan I am flexible and can come up with something else.