the scale

Options
ive been weighing myself every day for 6 months.

does anyone have success weighing once a month or once a week.

i feel like weighting once a day i get a better idea of my fluctuations which is usually for me 2 pounds give or take. so if i weigh myself at end of week or end of month on a bad day, which means an upward fluctuation day, it might only show a 2/3 pound loss rather than a 5/6 pound loss

if you understand what im saying? so idk if it would discourage or motivate i guess it could go either way.

thoughts?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different. I weigh every day and view the trends. A lot of people, though, feel discouraged by the daily fluctuations so they weigh weekly, or less often.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Everyone's different. I weigh every day and view the trends. A lot of people, though, feel discouraged by the daily fluctuations so they weigh weekly, or less often.

+1
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    GlassslippersAndFairyDust Posts: 518 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I weigh daily. I like to see my progress or lack thereof but I only record losses. B)
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ugh I weigh my self about 3 times a day( I know not good) but with clothes on I weigh 205-206 in afternoon . And in the morning but naked Im 203-202 and it will not budge and Im becoming discouraged for I want to see 200 .Im even working out more , almost every day for I think Im addicted now.
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, usually Monday mornings. For me its like a deadline, a goal, something to look forward to. I got too discouraged weighing myself every day (I'm also not home every day and I like using the same scale for continuity).
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is different when it comes to all things scales... I weigh in every Friday morning and log my weight into MFP.... If it was up to me (even though it is) I would never get on the scale as I hate that they dictate success or failure in so many eyes. You could have a kick *** week and logged everything, was within your calories plus exercised, you are feeling pretty awesome and then get on that scale and see no movement or god forbid a gain and your kick *** week punches you in the throat. You do whatever make you comfortable, like I said there will be many different opinions on this... Good luck!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, and log all up/down trends because I helps keep me focused... I also track TOM variations so I understand my average gains and whatnot :) others find weekly/monthly easier- everyone has different views... It's all about preference...
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log my Sunday morning weight. I also time every run, walk, or bicycle ride. I am a competitive person even if only competing against myself.