Need support!

Charliegirl1974
Charliegirl1974 Posts: 28 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Charlotte.
I'm finding it a but tricky to talk to my friends about my body insecurities as I know I'm a UK size 8-10, so they don't see a problem. However, I need a few pounds shifted from my tummy, hips and bum, and I'm damned if I'm going to be porky just because I have had 2 kids and I'm 40! I'm wanting to lose about 7 pounds in 4 weeks, but my self discipline is rubbish. Should I be eating more? Or less? Or what?!?!
I do 4-5 cardio / strengthening classes a week, plus daily dog walks. But then I do like my wine, cheese, and crisps... I honestly don't know the best way to lose the tummy fat but keep energised.
Can anyone give me any pointers or support?! (Not that keen to weigh food...)
Thanks!
X

Replies

• heathervazquez75
    heathervazquez75 Posts: 33 Member
    Hey! Let's be buddies! We are same age and in clt!
  • Hi iam Trice just wanna let you in on a tip to maybe loosing that bump, try laying off the cheese a little bit. That may be the trick!
  • Hi Chrlotte, losing tummy fat is super difficult and honestly the last place fat wants to relinquish. Especially as we older it is that much harder. I would encourage you to definitely eat less dairy type of foods and add a ton more veggies and fruit for energy. Weight lifting will help to tone your muscles and take the focus away from you tummy section. Do high reps and lower weights for building muscle tone and endurance which also burns more calories. Good luck!
  • Charliegirl1974
    Hi, I'm Charlotte.
    I'm finding it a but tricky to talk to my friends about my body insecurities as I know I'm a UK size 8-10, so they don't see a problem. However, I need a few pounds shifted from my tummy, hips and bum, and I'm damned if I'm going to be porky just because I have had 2 kids and I'm 40! I'm wanting to lose about 7 pounds in 4 weeks, but my self discipline is rubbish. Should I be eating more? Or less? Or what?!?!
    I do 4-5 cardio / strengthening classes a week, plus daily dog walks. But then I
  • Charliegirl1974
    Thanks guys. I guess I do know what to do, I was a gym instructor once, too! But have got myself into a weird rut. Think working from home is a big problem, fridge is too close!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Maybe 7lbs in 4 weeks is a bit ambitious, unless you are going to do the work for it?