These jokes went alittle to far..

Options
I recently made up this calender for myself to help keep track of what workouts ive been doing, how long, etc... Lastnight I do my workouts and im feeling on top of the world!(you all know that feeling) when I go to write everything down I realize that some of the boxes have been filled in. I read them to see that they say "sitting on my *kitten*,playing with myself,eating" by the hand writing I can tell it was my sister in law. So I ignore it haha funny whatever and go about my night.

After my workout I was feeling really good about my body im proud of what ive done so far and I kinda wanted to show off my progress. So I went and took a picture (my current profile picture now) and posted it. My friends and family were shocked with my progress telling me how great I looked and what not(was pretty nice to hear all that). Today im sitting with my mom talking and my sister in law is playing on her phone and goes "What fat *kitten* would post a picture like this? Oh its you!" as she looks up at me. She then proceeds to say "lift up your shirt I bet you were sucking it in", as if I had to PROVE to her that I had lost what I said I lost.

For along time I let things like this get to me, it would upset me enough that I would back down and stop trying. But not today... I knew I had nothing to prove but being the smart a** that I am I lifted my shirt and said "Yea this is what working out does, brings the sexy out, try it some time" The look on her face just made my day enough that all this rain we are getting couldn't dampen my mood. Now I know what I said could have been taken alittle mean but I really didnt care. I now know that when people say nasty stuff about other people its usually because they think it about themselves. Her jokes as she likes to call them went to far, and I finally bit back.

I just needed to vent alittle and for anyone in this same situation ive been in, just remember you dont have to prove it to anyone, just be happy for yourself.

Now im gonna go work out and let alittle more sexy out :wink:

Replies

• emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    Go you! My jaw dropped when I got to her comment about your picture...what a heifer! You handled it magnificently <3
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she's jealous. I'm glad you didn't let her insecurity ruin your flow.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    love your comment ;) go and get your sexy on girl!!!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to be nice to people who are rude - doesn't matter if they're related to you or not.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    She deserved it. Messing with your workout sheets and making nasty comments definitely would have at least gotten me sniping at her. She's a nasty piece of work. Don't let her get to you. *HUGS* You look great!
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yay you!!!!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I recently made up this calender for myself to help keep track of what workouts ive been doing, how long, etc... Lastnight I do my workouts and im feeling on top of the world!(you all know that feeling) when I go to write everything down I realize that some of the boxes have been filled in. I read them to see that they say "sitting on my *kitten*,playing with myself,eating" by the hand writing I can tell it was my sister in law. So I ignore it haha funny whatever and go about my night.

After my workout I was feeling really good about my body im proud of what ive done so far and I kinda wanted to show off my progress. So I went and took a picture (my current profile picture now) and posted it. My friends and family were shocked with my progress telling me how great I looked and what not(was pretty nice to hear all that). Today im sitting with my mom talking and my sister in law is playing on her phone and goes "What fat *kitten* would post a picture like this? Oh its you!" as she looks up at me. She then proceeds to say "lift up your shirt I bet you were sucking it in", as if I had to PROVE to her that I had lost what I said I lost.

For along time I let things like this get to me, it would upset me enough that I would back down and stop trying. But not today... I knew I had nothing to prove but being the smart a** that I am I lifted my shirt and said "Yea this is what working out does, brings the sexy out, try it some time" The look on her face just made my day enough that all this rain we are getting couldn't dampen my mood. Now I know what I said could have been taken alittle mean but I really didnt care. I now know that when people say nasty stuff about other people its usually because they think it about themselves. Her jokes as she likes to call them went to far, and I finally bit back.

I just needed to vent alittle and for anyone in this same situation ive been in, just remember you dont have to prove it to anyone, just be happy for yourself.

Sexy AND a little mean. ;-) I like you.
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Sexy AND a little mean. ;-) I like you.

Lol I like me too. :P
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You know she is just jealous of your body.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have abs like you. You're looking wonderful. I'm glad you didn't let her rain on your parade and decided to keep pushing on. :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I totally get why you responded the way you did.

The thing I would do now, is calm it. Take the high road from now on because your point has been made. My guess is that she will will, for the most part, shut her mouth. Be the mature one and hence the one in control.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    They are downright mean! What you said in RESPONSE wasn't! Especially being family, they have no right to treat you that way. It reminds me of how my family used to treat me (not anymore because I laid it straight to them). Don't put up with it, you're looking great and you're doing great :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Oh, what a *kitten*! Do me a favor next time she says something like that? ....punch her in the face for me.

Good for you for not taking her *kitten*.

The great thing about getting fit is...not only does it bring out the sexy but it makes you a hell of a lot more confident.
  • dooplegoon
    dooplegoon Posts: 66
    Options
    My last attempt at fitness I lost 25 lbs and my husband's grandmother was always making snide comments like that even if I was skinny she would remember me fat. I sooo appreciate your experience. Good response and you look fantastic!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Not in "that" way lol

:laugh: This made me laugh!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing to stand up for yourself. She'll think twice before starting up with you again. You handled it well. If you had let it build up more, you may have lost it with her. She is passive aggressive and you were direct (not playing her game).

Thanks for sharing! You are right that you don't need to "prove it" to anyone. She is insecure and hoping to play on your insecurities. You showed her that it's not going to work.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to be nice to people who are rude - doesn't matter if they're related to you or not.

Agreed. Glad you shut her up.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    To the OP:
    Tell her to go @#$% herself.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Good for you for not letting her comment get you down, and for standing up for yourself! Wish I could have seen her face after you responded to her bitter/rude remark.
    You look great!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow OP great job. Just enough to shut her up. Hopefully for a long long time.

Great progress pic by the way, you look awesome. What kind of fat a$s would post this pic? A bada$s that's who!