Bathroom problems (warning TMI)

Options
2»

Replies

• Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    magnesium 500mg. I never knew it helped this problem, but that's what my doctor told me to take. " if one doesn't work, try two."
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have had issues like that for many, many years and just recently discovered "Smooth Move" Tea and it is amazing! It's gentle but very very effective and safe. Good luck!

It's senna. A stimulant laxative. Just adding that in.

Yeah senna's not something you want to use regularly, your body will become dependent on it and you won't be able to go without it eventually.
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling -- this week I've been doing Chia seeds for breakfast (1/4c chia in 1cup of almond milk with fruit overnight), and I've been absurdly regular. Up your fiber and water. And if that doesn't work, try some chia/yogurt/stuff with digestive enzymes (like papaya, etc.)
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Oh dude I had that after drinking last week! Was constipated and really uncomfy for like, three days. On the fourth day I had a smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch, and finally things got back to normal. It was a horrible feeling for those few days, never really experienced it before.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When asking for advice it would help if you make your diary public.

Without any knowledge of your diet, I suggest Metamucil or generic equivalent and adequate water.

I wouldn't. I'd recommend eating more vegetables, getting more water, and possibly adding some magnesium. But then, metamucil is vile and binds me worse.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Probiotic Supplement, for sure. I always make sure to take mine for the next few days after drinking to make sure everything gets back to normal.

Or you could look into foods with natural probiotic properties. Kombucha, yogurt, kimchi, sourkraut, fermented stuff.

Also look into high fiber dried fruits...dates, apricots, figs, prunes, etc. :)
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Also in extreme cases I'll sometimes take an osmotic laxative. That'll help you out for sure.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I add flax meal to my smoothies. I also recommend a glycerin suppositories they help move you in 30 minutes usually. I have done a saltwater flush which is about 36 water 2 tbsp seasalt warm drink first thing in morn and do not eat or drink til you go. And you will go stay by the toilet for about 2 hours. Also try taking a stool softner. Or stewed prunes in licorice tea. Or 1 box of panda all natural licorice candy. Or a bag of sugar free gummy bears. I have had lots of experience in this dept. Smooth move tea too. Or last resort laxitive or enema or digital stimulation.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Magnesium citrate, fat, fiber, water move around and walk more. Drink espresso first thing in the morning. Ezekiel tortillas, spinach, peanuts, olive oil, mayo, butter, pineapple, oily fish. Kashi go lean. Greek yogurt and berries with cinnamon.